Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:30 pm   

CMUD Request - Help File

Hey Zugg, in the next version can you set it so the help files can be launched independent of zMud. This is a minor annoyance but it would still be a great help. If I'm looking up something to help out someone on the forums or if I'm just coding on borrowed time (work) it would be good to do so without having to launch zMUD.

I think this will be automatic especially if you'll just be reincorporating the current module for zApp but just wanted to ask anyway.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:06 pm   

Yes, I'm expecting that the help system for CMUD will work just like the DocViewer program that is part of zApp. The web-based help will be synchronized with the offline docviewer so that myself (and the Gurus) can focus on just updating the help in a single place (the web site). So yes, you'll be able to open the docviewer outside of CMUD.

Of course, you can do that already with zMUD. Just double-click on the ZMUD.HLP file and that will open the Windows Help viewer...you don't need to run zMUD to get the help file loaded.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:50 pm   

I figured that much...

As for clicking the help file directly I thought about that but I guess my brain wasn't working on all cylinders when I did. Since you didn't have in the Programs folder for zMud I neither bothered to try going to the file system directly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: