Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:14 am   

triggers

recently i found a nice feature on my mud that can ansi different items on the ground. i want to make a trigger than will add to a database each different weapon/armour/object. however, ansi triggers are baffling me.

armour ansi code is: [37;1m
weapon is: [36;1m
object is: [41m

the %e[xxm isnt really giving me a problem at this point, but the ones that have ;1m i can't find a way to match, i've tried ~; without luck. any ideas?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:47 am   

Do you use the ` (the key that the ~ is on) at all in your mud? It might be simpler if you switched that character from ; to `.
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:52 am   

i dont believe there is a way to switch the code to use a ` instead of a ;, do you know of a solution that will work with ;?
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:00 pm   

Chris, i am prolly wrong on this (more likely i am) but I think Matt means change the ; on zmud scripts from ; to `
The command seperator.
Highly doubt that's what he means.
But ya never know.
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:10 pm   

Actually, changing the command separator was exactly what I meant. It's far easier to do that than try to come up with some complex string that forces zmud to treat the ; as a literal semi-colon.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:11 pm   

umm i've always found that since i've turned on the expand vars in command prompt option that pretty much just using ~ before any operator makes zmud ignore it's normal use and makes it evaluate as the operator it is, like ~; makes the semicolon act *gasp* like a semicolon not the command separator.

Look at me I've got zSKILLS
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:17 am   

There is no need to quote the semicolon in the ansi statement (everything from the psudeo-escape char %e until the "m" .)

armour ansi code is: %e[1;37m
weapon is: [1;36m
object is: [1;41m

The easiest way to get the ansi code for a line is to Highlight the line you want the color codes for in your mud window, and in the settings editor create a new trigger, check the ansi trigger option and do a keyboard paste (CTRL-V) into the pattern line.
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:01 pm   

thanks for the help nexela, i was putting the 1 at the wrong side i suppose. the control v method has never worked for me so all the ansi codes i get are from turning off emulation which place the the 1 at the end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: