Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
strawberryeeter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:20 am   

CMUD Pro?

I have heard that there will be a pro version of CMUD, in addition to the standard version.

Could you (Zugg) please elaborate on potential differences between the two?

EDIT:

Quote:
The CMUD-Pro version is expected to be an additional $19.95 upgrade when it is released, but details on CMUD-Pro are pretty sketchy at this time (mainly integrated zMapper and SSH support are planned).

My bad.
darkspot
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:30 pm   

I'm kinda curious about pro, in reference to the fact, that CMud will need to be paid for bi-annually (every 2 years) to upgrade still.... what about the pro part?. will that just upgrade if you keep upgrading.. or will you have to pay for pro each 2 years as well as the upgrades for cmud?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:38 pm   

I'm not ready to talk much about CMUD-Pro. Here is what I'd *like* CMUD-Pro to do:

1) SSH support
2) zMapper functionality integrated into CMUD. (which is why zMapper users would get a free CMUD-Pro upgrade).

Whether this is done within CMUD, or done via plugins is not yet determined. For example, it's possible that "CMUD-Pro" is really just a couple of plugins that you pay for and add to CMUD. The concept of charging for plugins is something that CMUD is going to support. So CMUD-Pro might just be a collection of plugins that adds various functionality to CMUD.

As far as upgrades, I also can't promise anything yet, but it's likely that the plugins or CMUD-Pro will work just like CMUD and be free upgrades for 2 years, and then half-price to upgrade after that. So, if you paid $29.95+$19.95 for CMUD+CMUDPro, then after two years you would need to pay $14.95+$9.95 (roughly half price) to upgrade both CMUD+CMUDPro.
strawberryeeter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:26 pm   

Thanks for the information, even if it is somewhat tentative.

I appreciate it. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: