Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:53 pm   

Question based off %max()

Cut down version of what i am working with for simplicities sake:
#VAR ClanMembers {Abelinc|Accora} {} "RollCall"
#VAR myranks {myrank1|myrank2} "RollCall"
#VAR myrank1 {Abelinc1493Accora799} {_nodef} "RollCall"
#VAR myrank2 {Abelinc563Accora850} {_nodef} "RollCall"

Bleh, there's supposed to be those lil boxes between the words and #'s in the myrank1&2 stuff. silly board dont let them show

Trying to implement something like this:

%min(%replace(@myrank1.@ClanMembers,"|",","))

Output:
Code:
Members     |  #1 |  #2 |
------------|-----|-----|
Abelinc     | 1493|  563|
Accora      |  799|  850|

The lowest #'s for each each rank is supposed to be red (aard uses @R for red color)

Everything works great report wise except i havent been able to figure out how to get it to look inside the var correctly and color the lowest # of each rank.
How would I do this?
I think the # inside the var would be the part to be colored rather than have it done when it's being out put.
Not sure whats best in this case
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:48 pm   

You are using a record variable instead of a list, so the shortcut won't work. You should use another variable to record the higest or lowest in each category. When seeking the highest set the variable to 0 when seeking the lowest set the variable to some extreme number; then use #LOOPDB and check the %val against your variable and reset the variable accordingly. Finally when you produce your output check for = to variable and color accordingly. It is a price of the data structure you used to store the data.

An alternate data structure would be your ClanMembers list, then a list for each ranking category that is ordered to match the ClanMembers order (use %additem and better timed triggers). This allows you to generate the min and max values easily for any given ranking, while maintaining the coordination between names and rank value; without the duplication and triplification of names in your variables.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:09 pm   

Using %expandb with a few other functions Its possible to return the vals as a stringlist, Give me a few to dig through my scripts to try and find it.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:08 am   

#ADDITEM MYVAR Low 1
#ADDITEM MYVAR High 20
#ADDITEM MyVAR Mid 10

#FUNC dbtolist {%replace(%subregex(%expanddb("%1",%if(%null("%2"),"|","%2")," "),"[a-zA-Z_-]","")," ","")}

#SAY @dbtolist(@MYVAR)
return a stringlist of numeric vals
#SAY @dbtolist(@MYVAR.",")
return a comma seperated list
#SAY %min(@dbtolist(@MYVAR,","))
return the %min of a comma seperated list

Its rude, its crude, but it works assuming the KEY only contains A-Z underscore and dash and the VAL is a number only. I am still fairly new to regex so there is prolly a better regex that can be used in fact I know there is (watch for edits to this post)

[Edit: Made the function a little more usuable]
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:01 am   

Vij, if it matters there will never be any dupes in name vals. Like myrank1 Abelinc and myrank1 Accora will NEVER both have the same #
But i'll be honest I have NO clue what yer talking about..I know that it should be obvious to me, but i read what you said like 10 times and all i could think was "What?"

AWESOME NEXELA GETS A GREAT BIG <3 for helping me figure out how to get it to work perfectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: