Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

JeebusGreen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:03 am   

Using zMapper with zMUD

I just downloaded the trial version of zMapper - I'm a registered zMUD user and I really want to make my maps.. well.. look better, really Very Happy

How do I get zMapper to work WITH zMUD?

It doesn't automatically, I can't install it as a plug-in...

I'm out of ideas. Sad
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:07 am   

Zmapper is a different sort of plugin that doesn't need separate installation from within ZMud. All you do is download, install, open zmud, open the mapper, click on the pencil to go into map mode, and then click the Edit button that appears at the end of that toolbar. Zmapper will open itself up automatically and the rest is up to you to handle.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:31 am   

Doesn't work. Same old zMUD mapper, no sign of zMapper.

Not sure what edit button you're talking about - my toolbars stay exactly the same.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:53 am   

After you install zMapper you need to open zMud and go the Plugins Menu... select Install Plugins and make sure that 1) zMapper is in the list, and 2) has a check mark next to it. That should do it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:15 am   

I know.. that's the problem.

zMapper isn't on the plug-in list.
parrotslave
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:28 am   

Make sure you are running the most current version of zMud and zMapper. There was a brief while when the first version of zMud where elicense was removed that zMud didn't recognize zMapper. The current version fixed that bug.
JeebusGreen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:24 am   

Ah, that did it. I thought I did have the latest version, but I was running 7.20b

Thanks guys.

Next question, though... Is it possible for the mapper module to display the maps as they're edited in zMapper?

Basically, I use the mapper for practical use, so I can see where I'm going, and have it follow me. I thought I'd be able to use zMapper to make those maps, as I use them, better looking and more intricate.

But it doesn't seem to display the background images, or labels that I create in zMapper - though the basic changes I make to the rooms work, like moving them around.

Am I missing something? Or have I just been on the wrong track completely, and you can't use all the extra stuff you can create with zMapper as a real-time, functioning map while you play?

Thanks again.
JeebusGreen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:14 am   

Ah! So reloading the map in zMUD will show up things like new customised labels.

But I still can't get it to display the background image... Question
dravond
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:22 pm   

What does the dll look like? It isnt on my plug in list and when I go to the directory it says not a valid plug in. I have the lateest verson of both zmud and zmapper.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:44 am   

You don't load any DLL for zMapper. zMapper is handled differently than other plugins because of the zMapper copy protection. When zMUD starts, it checks to see if zMapper is properly licensed. If it is, then it will show up in the plugins menu. If it's not showing up, then run zMapper seperately to make sure it's licensed correctly.
dravond
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:29 am   

It wasnt licensed yet. I was haveing trouble getting my license Chiara took care of that. I got my key and its working great thanks for the reply and thanks to Chiara for fixing my other problem Very Happy
Quilana
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:11 pm   

I'm getting so frustrated with this.

I've bought licensing for Zmud and Zmapper, I've followed the thread and Zmapper does show up in my plugins, however when I check it and click install, another window pops up and tries to get me to manualy find a file to upload. So I searched through my files to find the Zmapper file and every file I try to upload says 'Invalid plugin' or something like that.

Could anyone help me?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:09 pm   

As mentioned above, you don't "install" the plugin like other plugins. zMapper will be automatically shown in your plugin list if it is properly registered on your computer. There isn't any DLL file to install as a zMUD plugin...it's all automatic. You just need to make sure you are using the latest versions of zMUD and zMapper and that you are not using Windows Vista.

The only reason zMapper is listed in your plugin window in zMUD is so you can enable and disable it. If zMapper is shown in the plugin window and it is enabled, then it works automatically when you open the normal mapper window in zMUD.
Quilana
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:26 pm   

How would I go about enabling it? when I click the map icon in zmud ther regular Zmud Mapper pops up
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:30 pm   

It should already be enable. You can check by going to the plugin list in zMud. zMapper should be in the list, and the check box next to it should be checked to show it's enabled.
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:16 pm   

Also, clicking the Map icon in zMUD will always open the regular zMUD mapper. With the zMapper plugin loaded, zMapper is drawing the map, but the Map window itself still has the same interface that zMUD always uses. The main difference in the map window is that there will be an additional button in the map toolbar that will load the map into zMapper. And there are a few more options in the right-click menu for editing rooms and in the Room Properties dialog box.
Mattias

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:08 pm   

7.21 installed and working.
zMapper shows up as plugin in zMud and the tick box is marked.

But... It's the same old AutoMapper beeing activated when I start zMud! Why, oh, why?
There is no additional button in the map toolbar.
There are a no more options in the right-click menu for editing rooms and in the Room Properties dialog box.
I.e. its the same old mapper...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:42 pm   

I'm not sure what else to suggest. If you can run the zMapper.EXE successfully as a standalone program, and if it shows up in the zMUD plugin menu and is enabled, then it should be loaded into zMUD. All I can suggest is that you try this for CMUD and see if it also happens there. Even though the mapper for CMUD hasn't been rewritten yet, zMapper should still work with CMUD and if it doesn't, then it's something I might be able to fix later this year when the mapper is rewritten for CMUD.
Mattias

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:08 pm   

The zMappar seems to work perfectly allright as a standalone program.
Just not very usefull. =/
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:49 pm   

Can you send me you map, you can PM me. That way I can look to see if it's an issue with the map. Now remember as Zugg said most of the elements are the same. You can enhance a particular room in zMapper (a customer shape for example) and see if that shows up in zMUD when you pull it up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:28 pm   

I tried loading some old maps in the mapper and then closing it, hoping for the right mapper to show up when I click the Map icon in ZMUD. Didn't work out.

I mailed you the map anyway. Also added you on MSN incase your hotmail does not accept the rather huge map file (3.6M compressed). :)
Mattias

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:40 am   

Aha, so the right mapper does not show up when klicking the Map Icon in zMUD. It's not supposed to, it seems. To access zMapper, the ordinary mapper needs to be opened and put in "Edit mode"/Map "builder mode". Only then, a new button will be visible: "Edit". If also this new "Edit" button is pressed, zMapped and its abilities is opened up in a new window.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: