Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:34 pm   

New zMUD 7.05a fixed Code 23 errors

eLicense released a new version of their copy protection that I have added to zMUD 7.05. If you get a code 23 error, run this new version of zMUD again and it will detect this and fix the corrupted license database.
---
I've always been impressed with the support I get from eLicense, and this is just another example of how they actually listen to their customers and care. As we have been requesting, eLicense has essentially built their diagnostic program into the wrapper around zMUD so that if you get a code 23 error, you can just re-run zMUD and it will fix itself.

So, if you get a code 23 error, be sure and download this new version and give it a try. You no longer need to email eLicense or Zuggsoft when you get this error message. To download this new version, use the Download menu at the top of this page.

Also note that while the new zMUD can fix the code 23 error, this error really means that part of your system registry is corrupted. This is usually caused by powering off a computer running an older version of Windows (Win 95/98/ME). If you are using one of these older versions of Windows, it's important to properly shutdown your computer using the Start menu.

Last edited by Zugg on Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iluvatar
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:07 am   

Outstanding!! I live in an area where system crashes from lightning are fairly prevalent so that's a good thing.
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:30 pm   

i updated my zmud(i believe i had version 7.05 or 7.13, i forget really but now at 7.21) after getting a code 23 error. now after updating it asks me again for my license key #. i was wondering where i could find this in my registry since in the past the key # always just automatically appeared in license box when i updated. i have my old license.txt file with the HUGE offline key sequence if the only way to get it back to mailing that to zugg. so basically, where in regedit can i find where my key is? also decided to post it here since updating my zmud didn't fix my code 23 error.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:01 pm   

First of all, if you really updated to 7.21, it is *impossible* to get a code 23 error. The code 23 error comes from the eLicense code, and v7.21 doesn't have any elicense code in it.

Your key is not in the registry. You need to follow the instructions given in the Support/Lost Reg Code menu at the top of this web site to retrieve your new license key for v7.21, or email support@zuggsoft.com with your original purchase information and we can help you look it up.

Also, read the instructions in the sticky thread in the zMUD Discussion Forum giving more instructions on upgrading to v7.21.
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:11 am   

i didnt get a code 23 error, i had a code 23 error(i had a version which can still have that?), and after mail elicense about it i received a diagnostic tool and an answer to "run it at LEAST 3 times and email us back the file." instead of going through that hassle i figured i would go ahead and upgrade(i usually don't upgrade zmud unless theres something really nifty in the version history, and as i don't use zmapper it was pointless for me to upgrade merely for a plugin fix). after upgrading i no longer got a code 23 error, but my registry key wasn't displayed in the key # box after hitting license. i suppose since i didn't run their diagnostic tool and after upgrading zmud while a 'code 23 error' was still in effect the registry was lost form whatever source it is located. i was really just looking for a way to take care of this myself without having to wait around emails. there is no possible way for me to lookup my registry key asides from online?
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:10 am   

your Elicense reg code is stored in many places, in your zmud folder you can find it in the receipt.txt file. If you didnt delete you old zmud directory before installing the new version that file should still be there.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:34 pm   

Yeah, but if he was getting a code 23 error, that means his elicense reg code is messed up and isn't working, so even if he finds it in his receipt.txt file he will have trouble.

Chris, you need to follow the instructions that I mentioned using the Support/Lost Reg Code menu at the top of this site. If the email address you used to buy zMUD is still valid, then you can retrieve your new license key yourself by following those instructions. If your email address has changed, then there is no way for you to get a new license key without contacting us and giving us your original purchase information along with your new email address so that we can update your account.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: