Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

adamwalker
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:03 pm   

Reproducing sunless citidel

im trying to reproduce your sunless citadel style map with little success. im having problems on getting the 'edit room shape' to actually save and work. heres what i do..

1. create a new room
2. r-click, properties on room
3. options tab --> untick default room. tick draw floor grid
4. change outline border to 10.
5. general tab --> untick overide fill color
6. click edit room shape
7. make a simple room shape with nofill/white
8. nothing has changed in the edit room shape preview box (the little one on the properties screeen). ????

never seems to work.... even tho im tryin to follow the way you have made it.....

it just wont keep the room shape...

thanks
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:36 pm   

I had a similar problem with my map databases. You can actually get to recreate the Sunless Citadel from a new Map database. I'm not sure exactly why it's happening. I'm kicking around several ideas, including a problem with creater a map in zMud first and then editing in zMapper. It's all speculation but you're not the only one with the program. I'll let you know if I find a solution. (I also sent Zugg a copy of my DB to see if he notices anything.) The database you're using how did you create it? You can see my other thread here.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:06 pm   thanks

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=22278

answered all i needed to know!

Ta
adamwalker
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:13 pm   

hmmm actually it isnt. what ive found is that if i make a room it doesnt change its shape. but if i make another room it sets the shape that i just made to the PREVIOUS room. does that make sence? has to be a bug
adamwalker
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:36 pm   

it appers that when im making a new shape whether its room or door it gets put in the images tab. is that right??
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:17 pm   

Quote:
it appers that when im making a new shape whether its room or door it gets put in the images tab. is that right??

Right that happens. I don't get it when I create a subsequent room though. My icon image (for each newly created room) still shows up blank. I'm wondering if it's a setting's issue in my install. Next step try a clean install. Let you know how it goes.
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:06 pm   

Alright, I'm sorry to say it Zugg, but I think there's a bug. I opened up the map database in Access and manually modified the Table entries. If I got it correct, the IconTbl is the pictures, the MetaTbl is the shape reference and the KindTbl is the room types. I linked my 'RoundRoom' to my 'Circle' shape from MetaTbl and I was able to see the RoundRoom the way I expected. I'm even more convinced it's a code issue because even with the updated database when i tried creating a new room, I get the same problem.

Any thoughts on this Zugg? Maybe it's some weird check for if it's a new database or not. Or something else with references after zMud has accessed it.
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:12 am   

I received your map database file and I'll eventually get to it, but I've got to focus on the new MUD client right now and so zMapper is getting lower priority at the moment. Since very little changed in the new version other then the copy protection changes, I'm not sure what is causing this.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:38 pm   

I thought I finally got it figured out, but not quite. Zugg, you don't have a bug (although I might chalk it up as a quirk of the program). For some shapes, when you apply them they also need to have bitmaps associated to be displayed. I tried creating several shapes in a new map and after about 4 or 5 that's what I had to do to get them to do display. I'm also going to see if a clean install makes a difference as well as run a trial version of 7.13 to see what happens there. I'll keep you posted.

I tried the bitmap thing in a map that's already having trouble (i.e. the one I sent you) and no luck there. Keep working on the new client, we'll keep trying to fix / narrow down the issue.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:31 pm   

Yes! Nice information that you have shared with us.

Thank you very much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: