Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
nibbledeuce
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:51 am   

Remote scripting error *SOLVED*

Ok first off I'm using zMud 7.20b on a SMAUG mud

Here is what I am attempting.
To be able to use characer "A" to say to character "B" copy (here would be the #TR #AL #VAR etc... you get the idea, if not it should become cleare soon.) and character "A" would create the trigger, aliase, variable told to copy.

Here is what I have so far.

You say 'copy #TR {&petitioner says 'blind'} {#IF (%ismember(@petitioner,@friendsList)) {cast 'cure blindness' @petitioner} {announcer}'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is what I have on the recieving character so far.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
#CLASS {Remote}
#ALIAS announcer {'You do not have the authority to command me.}
#ALIAS acopy {#TR ~{&petitioner says 'blind'~} ~{#IF (%ismember(@petitioner,@friendsList)) ~{cast 'cure blindness' @petitioner~} ~{announcer~}}
#TRIGGER {&member says 'copy (%2)'} {#IF (%ismember( @member, @friendsList)) {#VERB 0;#AL acopy {%2};#VERB 1;#ALARM 1000;acopy} {announcer}}
#CLASS 0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice when the aliase "acopy" is created it contains ~ which I do NOT want leading me to believe the problem is with the patern matching in the trigger?

I tried it using a variable/alias combo as well with no luck. Sure its something simple and would appreciate a fresh pair of eye's to find the error in my script. Cool

Last edited by nibbledeuce on Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vodoc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:58 pm   

You can use this code:
Code:
#CLASS {Remote}
#ALIAS announcer {'You do not have the authority to command me.}
#VAR friendsList {nibbledeuce}
#TRIGGER {&member says 'copy (%*)'} {#IF (%ismember( @member, @friendsList)) {#exe {"%2"}} {announcer}}
#CLASS 0

It will check for a valid user and then execute the received text just as if you had done it yourself. It will correctly create a trigger for this line:

nibbledeuce says 'copy #TR {&petitioner says 'blind'} {#IF (%ismember(@petitioner,@friendsList)) {cast 'cure blindness' @petitioner} {announcer}}'

Please not that this line differs from your test line in that this has an extra } at the end which you was missing.

Edit: Be very careful when using this script, since it will allow users to do anything with your settings and your pattern ain't anchored properly so it could be exploited. I suggest that you change the pattern to something a little bit safer like: ^&member says 'copy (%*)'$
nibbledeuce
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:11 pm   

Ah yes I knew I was missing something simple "}", and thanks for reminding me about pattern matching from the start with "^". I already had the friendsList but chose not to include it as I didn't want to create unneccesary clutter. I also changed it from says to tells to make it less public as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: