Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:15 am   

Store account profiles

are we allowed to change these? If so, could we have the phone field made optional? Went to change the password to something I could actually remember, and the error page came up highlighting address (city, zip code) and phone as required fields.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:28 pm   

Just enter "none" for the phone number field. The Store system uses the same list of "required" fields in the new-order form as well as the modify profile form. I want the Phone field to be required for new purchases because it helps when there is a problem with a credit card or we get a bounced email. In theory I could kludge the code so that the modify profile had a separate list of which fields are required, but for now I'd prefer to leave it the way it is.

While I know some people don't like putting in their phone number, it's a common requirement of most ecommerce sites these days. The sad fact is that you get more credit card fraud when you don't require a phone number. We protect all of this information and never share it or sell it (see our Privacy Statement in the About Us menu at the top).

And yes, to answer your original question, you *are* allowed to change the information in the Modify Profile section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: