Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Seyen
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:08 pm   

Yet another question about #LOOPDB and %regex.

Code:
#LOOPDB @RoomCapCodes {#IF {%regex(@Bulk, "\e\[(?:0;|)"%val"m",RoomCapPos.%key)} {#ECHO LoopDone}}

Now, what I wanted to do. I have a database variable RoomCapCodes that looks like

Code:
RoomName 1;32
RoomDesc 1;30

etc. Those are ansi color codes.
Anyhoo. I have a variable(Bulk) that stores a string of text, containing text these codes. Now, I need to: Do a #LOOPDB and put a if with a regex for a condition. But more important for me is not that it matches, but that it also outputs the position of it's match in another database variable like
Code:
RoomName 1
RoomDesc 16
RoomExits 120
. But what happens is that %regex does not perceive %val and %key. It works if I simply replace "%val" with 1;32, and store it into a variable with a given name("Blah" instead of "RoomCapPos.%key"). Is this a bug, a technical limitation, or lack of knowledge on my part?
Seyen
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:42 pm   

Ok, I've reached a conclusion that variables are not expanded inside a %regex(nor %match, nor %subregex), but are expanded inside a #REGEX. I'm asking those who know, is there a workaround?
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:29 pm   

You should be able to force for variable expansion with %expand. It might help if you posted the function call that's giving you problems, so we can see if you have quotes/braces, where the variables are, etc.
Seyen
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:39 pm   

For the time beeing I settled for another method, but the fuction call is the line of code I posted above.

Code:
#LOOPDB @RoomCapCodes {#IF {%regex(@Bulk, "\e\[(?:0;|)"%val"m",RoomCapPos.%key)} {#DOSTUFF}}

Basically, any variables inside %regex on the second posion(ie, %regex(x,y,z), y beeing the position in question) are not expanded. Any. Not just the predefined %val and %key.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: