Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Daffyd
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:24 am   

How To/Documentation

I've played with zMapper for about 5 or 6 hours now on my free trial. I have attempted to make a new room shape by creating a polygon, but have only succeeded once, and have no idea how I did it. I did save it as a WMF or EMF (can't recall right off which) and can't figure out how to use it again.

Could I get some detailed, step by step instructions on how to:

A) create a polygon. I can draw the first 2 points but can't seem to add any more after that.

B) Save the new room shape both as the blank template Zugg mentioned in another post in this forum, and with a bitmap as a room style.

I have been through the Help in zMapper and through the documention on this site with no luck. If you have a link I can follow for directions that would work for me too.

Thanks in advance!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:26 am   

There seems to be an issue with polygons on WinXP SP2 systems. I found it today when I was updating the copy protection. I hope to have the new version released within a week, so give it a try when it comes out and let me know if it works better.
Daffyd
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:46 am   

Just FYI, I'm running XP Pro, SP1... And I'll check it out when you get the new version, thanks.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:43 am   

OK, thats good to know. I don't actually know when Windows was updated to change their Metafile GDI routine...it's been a *long* time since I last compiled zMapper. I don't even think I was using WinXP back then. So it might be a problem that's been there for a while.
Daffyd
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:06 pm   

On a more personal note, is there way I can get the 30 day trial reset since the program is unusable to me in it's current state?

And when you update to zMUD XP will you be writing a new version of zMapper to go with it, or just continue to use the current one as is?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:54 pm   

All of the new products with the eLicense replaced with the new copy protection will cause trials to be reset. Hang in there another week or so and you should be able to use the new zMapper.

For zMUDXP, there will eventually be changes made to zMapper. zMUDXP will be using an SQLite database for the map, instead of the Microsoft ADO format that is currently used. zMUDXP will be able to *read* old map files created with zMapper, but once zMUDXP has converted the map to the new database format, then you won't be able to edit it with the current zMapper program.

I haven't yet decided whether or not I'll be rewriting zMapper to use SQLite also, or whether I'll just be adding zMapper editing features directly to zMUDXP as a "Pro" version, or whether I'll do both. It really depends upon how easy the conversion to SQLite is. I have the SQLite database stuff available in Delphi 5, so in theory I can update the current zMapper to the new database format without having to use Delphi 7. The current version of zMapper won't compile in Delphi 7 because it uses some older 3rd party components that I don't have Delphi 7 versions of.

In general I should warn people that zMapper is a very low-priority project. My main effort will be in zMUDXP. So it might be a while before you see a new zMapper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: