Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Big J Money

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:04 pm   

Is there a way to toggle buttons from the command line?

I have a button called "target" which, when pressed sets my current target to whatever I type in the input box. I also have a button called "chase" which will automatically chase my target if it flees. I was wondering if it's possible for me to create a trigger that will turn both of those buttons off for me.

Thanks

=$= Big J Money =$=
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:19 pm   

Yep, the command to do this is

#BUTTON name state

Name is the short id of the button (set in the Options tab for that button, if I recall). Name can also be a number, but it's not recommended--not only can you only see this number in the class script or in the text version (ie, importing/exporting), but this number changes based on the order of the buttons AND the scripts that refer to this number won't automatically change as well.

State is either 0 or 1 for all types of buttons except for multi-state or menu buttons. For toggle buttons, I believe 0 is up and 1 is down. Oh, and lest you make a mistaken assumption, this state does not refer to the States tab you see for buttons in the Settings Editor. The States tab is for triggers only, and I'm assuming Zugg has no way/intention of removing it for buttons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: