Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Tarn
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:50 pm   

zMud Reference

In the zMud Reference section under support, it would be nice if the functions and commands were available in functional groups (strings, etc) as they are in the help file that ships with the software. The website appears to only have a function and command reference in alphabetical order.

-Tarn
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:33 pm   

I should actually mention that any Guru has the authority to improve this. If you click the Edit button in the upper-right corner of one of the help articles, you can then edit it. One of the fields is for "related" topics. This allows you to put a string list (seperated by | delimiters) of other topics that will be displayed on the left navigation bar for the topic. Take a look at some of the zApp documentation which better implements this. For the zMUD stuff, I couldn't come up with any automatted way to migrate the functional groups in the Windows Help file over to the web docs, so now it needs to be done manually.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:15 am   

I see what you mean. The contents pages have to be replicated and inserted in such a fashion that the whole grouping tree is recreated. After looking at it more I understand why Zugg said it couldn't easily be done in the conversion system he made. He was able to keep the grouping references in the topics from the 'Related' buttons I had added, but the portion that was built into the table of contents didn't convert because the way winhelp holds that seperate.

After playing around with it some I may be able to find a way to bring the data in. It is all contained in the .CNT file and in a simple text format, so it is just a matter of figuring how to create dummy topics to work like the contents books.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:52 am   

One example of such a contents only topic is found here:
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/mx/modules/mx_kb/kb.php?mode=doc&k=222

When I go to edit it though I can't seem to access the data used to generate the related panel. I might be able to generate the new articles needed to recreate the contents setup, but it seems I am not able to link them into the existing articles at the same points.

Ok more poking around and I think I figured it out. One piece of the puzzle is missing though.
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=18019
Selecting the read full article link of:
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/mx/modules/mx_kb/kb.?mode=doc&k=232
Gives a page nonexistant error. I don't think it is really needed for me to look at how that data is structured to manage the replication. I just like to have clues about how everything fits before I start changing things.

One other item. I can create articles and edit them, but can not delete articles, so I will definitely have to do this manually to make sure I don't cause Zugg trouble. It will be a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: