Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
talith Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:16 am
ansi trigger question
Carabas
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:18 am   

talith wrote:
Well Vijilante's changes seem to work almost perfect, the names and desc are right but it fails to map the exits.

The main difference between his changes and my original is the checkroom alias vs the onroomcreate alias. If his changes almost work, then in the case of my script it sounds like the checkroom alias is not getting executed.

#IF ((@RoomDesc) AND (@RoomExits)) {#TAG name,descpara,exit {@RoomName} {@RoomDesc} {@RoomExits}}

Thats the part of checkroom that works the magic. If Vijilante's version fills in the room name and description, then that part of my script is working.

Try checking the prompt trigger/checkroom alias again. Also throw in a #SH @RoomExits just before that #IF statement to see if the script is capturing the exits. That's all I can suggest at this point. It's pretty late.

checkroom alias with #SH @RoomExits :

#IF (@InRoom) {
#VARIABLE InRoom 0
#STATE "roomname" 0
#SH @RoomExits
#IF ((@RoomDesc) AND (@RoomExits)) {#TAG name,descpara,exit {@RoomName} {@RoomDesc} {@RoomExits}}
#VARIABLE RoomDesc %null
#VARIABLE RoomExits %null
}
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:25 pm   

Talith, if you would please continue this discussion here, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: