Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Zugg Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:24 pm
Wish-list for zMUDXP
Atreides_096
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:45 am   

Ideas for #alarm:

#alarmlist - lists all pending alarms, numerically. Such as:

1) 14 seconds - sleep
2) 45 seconds - wake
3) 46 seconds - save
4) 48 seconds - quit

#alarmc (X)

Cancels alarm (X) corresponding to #alarmlist.

#alarmc 3
(echo'd back)
Alarm #3, {save} set to execute in 27 seconds, has been removed.

New #alarm option:
#alarm -ts

Activates alarm on tick timer (#ts). Alarm is permanant and recycling, and is toggled on/off when TS timer is toggled on/off.

On the topic of #ts .. a note should go in the helpfile "to turn this off, #ts -1" or something :P
Carabas
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:48 am   

The only thing I can really think of that I've always wanted is multidimensional arrays.

Maybe something like this.

#VARIABLE Array %array
#ARRSET Array('array1').value1 "test1"
#ARRSET Array('array1').value2 "test2"
#ARRSET Array('array2').value1 "test3"
#ARRSET Array('array2').value2 "test4"

#SHOW @Array('array1').value1 output: test1
#SHOW @Array('array1').value2 output: test2
#SHOW @Array('array2').value1 output: test3
#SHOW @Array('array2').value2 output: test4

#ARRSET Array('array3').value1 "item1|item2"
#ARRSET Array('array3').value1 %additem("item3",@Array('array3').value1)
#ADDITEM Array('array3').value1 "item4"

#SHOW @Array('array3').value1.1 output: item1
#SHOW @Array('array3').value1.2 output: item2
#SHOW @Array('array3').value1.3 output: item3
#SHOW @Array('array3').value1.4 output: item4

You can kind of do this already with Database variables, lists, indexes and extra code, but this would be so much more powerful. Very Happy

Hey, this is a *wish* list. Wink
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:10 pm   

When a window is out of focus and receives text then the tab at the top and the icon in the taskbar turn green. The ability to tell zmud not to turn these bits green would be nice. A lot of the time I get random useless info from the mud that it's not worth switching back to see. Infact, the ability to have a number of possible colours to signify the importance of text that comes in.

So the icon is blue by default, stays blue on mundane text, turns green if you see semi important text, and flashes if you get attacked for example...
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:16 pm   

the ability to set variables for other sessions, not rather than just 'local' or global variables.
So I could
#svar myfavemud {hungry} {1}
for example

Similarly, the ability to have one session use the value of a variable in another session
#if (%svar(myfavemud,hungry) = 1) {#say Guinn is hungry, remember to feed him!}
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:30 pm   

Guinn you can get that through #Names. (I do tons of inter-session stuff)
Session one:
#name One
#var MapY 5
Session two: #name Two

Go into Session two:
#sh @One.MapY
---
Echo Carabas' array idea. I work in string lists in zMud and arrays elsewhere.
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:09 pm   

Coo, didn't know that. But problem with that method is that (quite unlikely I know) the event that I have a variable called One within session 2 then it'll check that variable rather than looking to the other session(?)
Just seems a bit ambiguous currently.

Another small idea. At the moment you can test speed in zmud with ctrl-q. If there was a way of cycling through each class and opening and closing them, testing the speed with each, then showing a report of the speed of each class. would help with tracking down dodgy leaky triggers.
and less memory usage... how I can be connected for 14 hours and zmud use 160mb ram when I've got a 70k mud file and scrollback at a few thousand lines... eep
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:44 am   

Kiasyn wrote:
built in html-logging...

I second this request. I don't mud anymore, but I do know that on a lot of pk-oriented muds logs are gold...and theres only 1 half-decent ansi->html convertor.

This could probably be written as a plugin however.
parrotslave
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:13 am   

Get %roomkind to work correctly when the value you want to assign is over 100.
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:18 am   

A function to tell if you are currently connected to the mud.

This is very useful for commands pre-set in #alarm.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:00 am   

After you send a command the text in the command line is highlighted. Used to be that you could just hit control-leftarrow to move the cursor to the beginning of the last word in the line. Now you have to hit the leftarrow or click in the command line to make the highlighting go away before control-leftarrow will work. I liked it better the way it was before.

Also, when you double click on a word in the command line to highlight it, it also highlights the space following the word. Is there a way to make it just highlight only the word without the space the way it used to?

Thanks!
blkno1
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:05 am   Only 1 Wish

Port it to Linux so I can throw out by Windows Box. Very Happy Seriously, I only have a WIN2K system for Zmud. All the rest runnin Linux.

-bk
Fawl
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:00 pm   

The ability to read complex wintin95 commands...no seriously if Zmudxp had this ability i would pay full $ for it.

#purge command. The ability to hit one key and delete all commands entered before they are sent to the mud.

Autoset Walk lag.

On some muds their is a thing such as penalty lag. If you spam something you are punished. This is suspose to even the score between the euros and the american players on my game. So even if you do spam directions zmud will store them and send the commands out at the specific second in which you are allowed to walk again without walk penalty lag.

Say you spamed a direction to a healer on the other side of the world and someone attacks you.. OH NO now your going to die because your just going to keep walking and you can't stop.

This is where the #purge command would come in.

If in this state a key like ~ is set aside as the purge key and will delete all stored directions, thus giving you the ability to stop and turn on the dime or fight.
Carabas
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:10 pm   

A configurable Boss Key!

For example CTRL+` to completely hide zMUD. No taskbar icon, no tray icon, nothing.
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:52 pm   

[quote="slicertool"]A function to tell if you are currently connected to the mud.

#ALARM "tCheckConnectAlarm" *1 {#if (@oldctime != %ctime) {oldctime = %ctime} {#say NOT CONNECTED TO THE MUD;#T- tCheckConnectAlarm}}

Would be nice if this was already handled, though.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:43 am   

Suppose making the whole thing skinnable would be too much to ask for? Confused
Kiasyn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:08 am   

it will inherit skinnability from being written in zApp (i think)
Check out Talon, an easy IMC connection.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:04 pm   

>>On some muds their is a thing such as penalty lag. If you spam something you are punished. This is suspose to even the score between the euros and the american players on my game. So even if you do spam directions zmud will store them and send the commands out at the specific second in which you are allowed to walk again without walk penalty lag.

We already have this in the Sendline Delay. Would be a bit more useful if we could customize it some instead of applying it to all our sent commands, though.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:41 pm   

I'd hope the new version would be alot faster.

Also a port to work on 64 bit systems.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:27 pm   

1) A command to check for duplicated vars/aliases/trigs/etc Anotherwards, zMUD will check for all like-named variables, aliases, etc. Can check by (for vars) name/value, (for aliases) name/output, (for triggers) pattern/output, etc.

2) A way to search for specific aliases (or vars/trigs/etc). I have an alias that does this, but it's somewhat limited, slow, spammy, and etc. Would be nicer if this was built in, annd a bit more powerful/configureable/etc (for example, could receive output on the screen in string list format, individual lines, in a pop-up box for use, etc)

3) Currently, a great feature in zMUD is that highlighting something on the screen allows you to copy it to the clipboard. This is a problem tho, if you have something important on your clipboard, and accidentally click your mouse (happens to me a lot when changing windows). Would be nice if you could highlight the text, but it wouldn't move to the clipboard until you clicked on the highlighted area again.
yejun
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:32 pm   

unicode support in display and script.
At least better ansistring support. currently, some non-ascii character will be altered in variable, although display is correct in most time.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:13 pm   

Quote:

2) A way to search for specific aliases (or vars/trigs/etc). I have an alias that does this, but it's somewhat limited, slow, spammy, and etc. Would be nicer if this was built in, annd a bit more powerful/configureable/etc (for example, could receive output on the screen in string list format, individual lines, in a pop-up box for use, etc)

We have this already in GUI form, happily.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:35 am   

parrotslave wrote:
After you send a command the text in the command line is highlighted. Used to be that you could just hit control-leftarrow to move the cursor to the beginning of the last word in the line. Now you have to hit the leftarrow or click in the command line to make the highlighting go away before control-leftarrow will work. I liked it better the way it was before.

Yeah I posted something about this before too... It's a royal pain.

Umm one thing I would like is if you can incorporate #LEFT and #LEFTBACK (I think it's leftback) into one using negative numbers. IE #LEFT(right,-1) would show t and #LEFT(right,-3) would show ght

Allow click and drag highlighting with the mouse to grab ansi codes and paste them with Ctrl-V (option for it maybe?) or Ctrl-Shift-V so you don't need an option for it.

Possibly a option dialog to set the 16 colors? IE. an option dialog to show all 16 colors and you place beside it #U for bold_blue. This way the script editor would not halt on it saying it's an error because it's not a known #COMMAND (that's annoying when trying to debug a script and the editor is hung up on a color code.)

Mouse wheel control in mapper add on to NOT zoom in/out but rather go up/down a level.

LOCAL VARIABLES!
Local variables would be variables that exist only for the duration of the script/trigger in which they were created and would only be accessed from within that script/trigger. Maybe using #LVAR or something. Also it would be nice to create many local variables at once like...

#LVAR a = this, b = that, c = "this,that"

ehh more when I think of them. I haven't played my MUD in over a month because of eLicence, so most of them aren't fresh in my mind.

-Rappy
Ikyu
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:30 pm   

Make multi-state triggers searchable.
At the moment if you have:
-state0 with pattern0
-state1 with pattern1.
-state0 is active,
then a search for pattern1 will not give any results.
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:45 pm   

Carabas wrote:
A configurable Boss Key!

For example CTRL+` to completely hide zMUD. No taskbar icon, no tray icon, nothing.

WatchCat. :-)
WatchCat is a small system tray applet for hiding application windows. Windows hidden by WatchCat also will disappear from taskbar and Alt+Tab chain. It's extremely convenient if you need to keep applications such as MS Outlook open all the time but don't check them often.
I have mine set up that if i hit crtl-q the screen i am looking at disappears from the taskbar. And it don't show in the sys tray either.
ctrl-w brings up a menu of my hidden screens. either a mouse click or arrow key & enter will bring the hilited screen back.
Use it at work all the time for all my mudding & browsing needs.
Also nice if you always have lots of windows open and want to sort them a little with a hide/unhide juggling.
Got it 5yrs ago. and couldn't live without it.

http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/utilities/desktop/wcat200.zip

Yeah, i know, it's not something built in, but hell, tell me you don't need something like this since u need one for zmud Twisted Evil
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:45 pm   

Vitae wrote:
WatchCat. :-)

Yeah, i know, it's not something built in, but hell, tell me you don't need something like this since u need one for zmud Twisted Evil

Thanks for the tip. I'd still like it built in simply because the only two windows I'd want to hide is zMUD and the browser (I use Maxthon, which has a configurable boss key). I'll take a look at WatchCat anyway. If it has a very small footprint, I'll be perfectly happy with it. Thanks.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: