Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Zugg Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:24 pm
Wish-list for zMUDXP
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:00 pm   

2)currently part of the zMapper package. The latest plans for this is to assimilate it into CMud Pro.

3)ditto, though I believe we can only do .GIF or .JPG at the moment (it's one or the other, not both). Dunno if Zugg's going to include more formats.
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:07 am   

4) You can already do that in zMUD even without zMapper. Just go into your View/Directions and change the Up and Down commands to have a Mapper direction of NE or SW or whatever you want.

5) Not going to happen. Doing Undo with a database is *very* difficult. And the mapper is going more and more towards database code, sorry.
Sharazani

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:55 pm   

Zugg wrote:

4) You can already do that in zMUD even without zMapper. Just go into your View/Directions and change the Up and Down commands to have a Mapper direction of NE or SW or whatever you want.

Hey Thanks Zugg, that helped me alot!!! I guess I should spend more time checking every details of the program more often. I just dont use alot of them much :)

Zugg wrote:

5) Not going to happen. Doing Undo with a database is *very* difficult. And the mapper is going more and more towards database code, sorry.

Aww, oh well, was worth a try asking :) Im looking forward to when CMud Pro will be out.. I am definately putting a few bucks a month away for it now :)

Sharazani
Istroath
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:19 pm   

1: i would LOVE to be able to open 2 map zones at once. soemtimes my mud redose a zone and changes things alot now it would be a lot simpler to be able to open 2zones and compare them after remapping the zone in question to make the changes to the old zone rather them haveing to remap, code, color the hole zone after.

2: cut, copy, past rooms from one zone to another zone takeing script with it (Uber power)

3: also im a HUGE fan of the zChat witch i know you dont suport for zmud but the power it brings me for helping friends and being helped is great and i would love to see it built into the new client.

these 3things alown would make me want to buy the new client other then these things you have done a great job with zmud and i couldnt be happier with my purches.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:46 pm   

3) CMUD will eventually have a *lot* of chat support (think of uber zChat built into CMUD :)
BlackSmith
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:21 am   

1) Two or multiple room description support for one room (http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=90199#90199)

2) "pop" function to lists (add something to list while removing the last)

3) more java like coding/command syntaxes or better support to java
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:20 pm   

2) Usually, a Pop function or command only removes the last part of the list. You then need to call another function to "push" contents onto the front of back of the list. In any case, take a look at the %push and %pop functions that are already in zMUD. There is a post at http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11083 that talks about using them with string lists.

3) You can already use alternative scripting in zMUD. VBScript and JScript support are already built in. The difficulty is when you need to access zMUD variables, functions, commands from these alternate scripting languages. There are some articles in the Support/zMUD Support section of this web site on the COM scripting and there are some VBScript examples that you can probably convert to JScript.

CMUD will be using the scripting engine that I developed for zApp, and will have better support for alternative scripting languages.

In any case, keep in mind that "JavaScript" is not "Java". CMUD will have full support for "JavaScript", but Java is a completely different programming language and since it's not a scripting language, there won't be any support for it in CMUD. But if you are just concerned about scripting "syntax", then the "JavaScript" support should do what you want.
Llohr
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:55 am   

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but an alternate version of slow walk would be great.

I'd like to see slow walk without any timers, a command to clear the remaining steps, and a command to take the next step.
I've never gotten any script involving slow walk to work perfectly, and I'm not really certain what the purpose of the time out function is.

Not certain that I'm being completely clear, I'm a bit ill :P So I'll give you an description of what I'm looking for.
#slow 6w5dnes2d is entered, nothing happens until the command to take the next step is entered, then it takes the first step, no waiting for
a new line or anything like that, no timer waiting to tell me I took too long, really really simple. I've tried increasing the time out a great deal
but for some reason it seems to completely break the script.

Been tempted to simply write a script to use in place of the slow walk function, but I'd much rather see a built in function that I can use.

Llohr
Llohr
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:53 am   

Another thing I'd like to see is the ability to check a string to see if it contains a specific substring, Have had difficulty capturing large fancy looking damage message to check with #if statements.
Such as: Your backstab <<<<=- SLAYS -=>>>> A -={\Recluse/}=- clan member instantly!
What I'd like to see is a way to trigger off the "your backstab" message and check to see if that line contains the word slays, or some other word or what have you.

I think it would greatly simplify alot of scripts and triggers, maybe there's already a way to do this that I'm not aware of, if so I apologize for wasting your time :)

Llohr
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:25 am   

Llohr... you can can already do what you describe. You should look up the %match and %regex functions. Also the #REGEX. You should also note that you can use Perl regular expressions in your triggers that you can cleverly do what you're asking for that way as well.
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:06 am   

A logger which records everything faithfully, down to the colors and the time in which each line of text is received or transmitted, and can play it back in real time.

That way, you can do logs in ACTION REPLAY!

~N
hav
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:08 pm   

Probably said before but could really use if-elsif-else construction for cmud.
Current solutions known to me are only nested ifs #if (condition1) {} {#IF (condition2) {} {#IF (condition3) {} {else here}}} which turns out hard to impossible to manage depending on complexity/number of conditions.
Or, solution 2, this terrible hack found on forums as i understand it would make script non-static and force recompile every time its run slowing down performance. and it looks ugly.
Code:

#alias abortcmd ""
#if (first case) {do something;#alias abortcmd {#abort}}
abortcmd
#if (second case) {do something else;#alias abortcmd {#abort}}
abortcmd
#if (third case) {do something different;#alias abortcmd {#abort}}
abortcmd

so again, #elsif %elsif would really be appreciated
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:12 pm   

#CASE and %case() come to mind.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:46 am   

I've thought about #case, not exactly fitting unless i am missing something.
Code:
#VAR switch 4
#if (statement1) {#VAR switch 1}
#if (statement2) {#VAR switch 2}
#if (statement3) {#VAR switch 3}
#CASE @switch {} {} {} {}

would have to check every statement, whereas true elseif would stop on first match, right? Also in case of statement overlap, in elseif construction you'd put statement with higher priority first, whereas here its backwards, which isnt intuititve.
Edit: Upon some thinking, this might be closest to emulating real elseif
Code:
#VAR switch 1
#if (statement1) {#VAR switch 2}
#if (@switch=1) {#if (statement2) {#VAR switch 3}}
#if (@switch=1) {#if (statement3) {#VAR switch 4}}
#CASE @switch {else goes first here} {} {} {}

again, looks ugly and involves temp variable.
I'm sure coding elseif construct cant be that hard. not neccessary for first beta, but sometime in the future would be nice
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:33 pm   

true... but if-elsif-else are at best a coding convenience and you can just as easily run in to the same problems... I think you're concern is how the current 'pretty print' groups the statements that makes them a bit tricky to understand. Since this will be revamped, the management concerns should no longer be an issue since you can apply stand code formatting techniques (i.e. indentation) to address that.
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:17 pm   

Quote:

#if (statement1) {#VAR switch 1}
#if (statement2) {#VAR switch 2}
#if (statement3) {#VAR switch 3}

If statement1, statement2, and statement3 are related to each other (ie, @a = 1, @a = 2, @a = 3), then #CASE/%case() replaces #IF/%if(). If you want to test any combination of unrelated statements (@a = 1, @b = 2, @c = 3), then an #ELSEIF (I don't really see how we could have an %elseif() function) could be useful (maybe not necessary, though).
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:23 pm   

I never said its absolutely required, but it would save me great deal of frustration. I'm just used to it, every programming language i've ever heared of has either elseif or true case (zapp for example has both {$elseif} and true {$case})
As I imagined it, %elseif would go to expression part.
%if(expression%elseif(expression,true-value)%elseif(expression,true-value)..,true-value,false-value)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:59 pm   

Actually, your wishes are answered!

In the first beta of CMUD there is a new command and function called SWITCH:

#SWITCH (expr1) {commands1} (expr2) {commands2} ...

and the function:

%switch(expr1,string1,expr2,string2,...)

With the #SWITCH command, CMUD tests each expression and when it finds an expression that is true, it executes the commands following it and then skips the rest of the command. With the %switch function, CMUD tests each expression and when it finds an expression that is true, it returns the string value following it and skips the rest of the function.
bjthomps

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:40 pm   Import ARE files

Not sure if I am too late.....

But, I would love to see an import utility for importing MUD area files into the zMud mapper as a completed map. Would be great for builders to automatically create a zMud map from your area files. Utility would have to support various codebases I guess....Rom 2.4 would make me happy! Cool

-BT
BlackSmith
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:31 am   

Would it be too much asked that the cmud would save the logs in RTF/HTML format?

Also a command or a feature that echo's and say's would not cut exicting lines would be nice. I'm starting to get fed up about watching echo's and say's cutting text and thus not making my triggs go off.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:28 pm   

I believe that Zugg has said a few times now that logging with be RTF.

I'm not sure what you mean by echo's and say's cutting text. It sounds more like an issue you need to bring up in it's own thread.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:12 pm   

Taz wrote:
I believe that Zugg has said a few times now that logging with be RTF.
I went 6 pages backwards and found someone elses listing about current up-and-coming features.

If Zugg has really said such thing then i change that wish to:
That the up coming client would have a thread or that this threads first post would be updated about the "this features are asked" and/or "these features will be added".
BlackSmith
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:40 pm   Grrr. delete this.

Grrr. delete this.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:53 pm   

This wish list has been closed in favor of those in the CMud beta forum. If you think anything here was forgotten please mention it during the beta process. Also if you think anything requires further discussion please start another topic in CMud beta forum.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: