Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Zugg Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:24 pm
Wish-list for zMUDXP
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:00 pm   

#5 are you talking about docking the map?
#6 I think the #image command is what you are looking for?
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:15 pm   

A couple of things. For patryns help suggestion, since like nexela pointed out, there is options to post comments on the knowledge base here. Make the help files draw straight from the knowledge base. This way not only can you see the standard help from inside the program, but you can also see the comments people have made. This could be quite useful as in the way that PHPs knowledge base does which allows for people to post some examples of what they use specific commands/functions for so that it helps give a better idea of the context of a given command/function. And also, lets face it, it's just absolutely redundant to have a helpfile on the computer and a helpfile online cuz you have to change them both when a change needs made.

Another thing. I'd like for there to maybe be some more languages that an be processed for triggers, like as far as the msscript goes, you can process vbscript or jscript. I'd also like to have the choices of a few other things, like c, delphi, etc... stuff that's still pretty popular programming language that could provide for infinitely greater programming in triggers. Like my smart spell translation, if I just had the option of C to begin with, that problem could have been solved with the same code i took out of the ROM source to begin with, and altered it slightly.

Yet another thing would be to maybe have the option to make c like tables and such, like define the variable in one section to be the table, declare the types for it, then when you go back to the input portion of it, you'll have all your fields ready for just pure input of the information you wanted to store. This would be helpful when you have a script that doesn't need an entire database behind it, but just a simple table variable.

ex:
Code:
table attack_type
{
    char *    name;            /* name         */
    char *    noun;            /* message      */
    int       damage;          /* damage class */
};

After you put this in the table definition portion of it and went back to the spot to input you'd see the three fields name, noun, and damage, and could input the information you needed for each. Maybe it doesn't need to be set up like that, maybe it can even be like this:
Code:
table <variable name>
{
    <field type> <field name> <field comment>
}

Then each field has it's own set type so that you won't have to perform any type changing on anything put in there because if you tried to put in a wrong type to begin with it gives you an error, and the mouseover shows the comment just in case the name is too confusing :P the comment could possibly also be an optional thing, but then some sort of separator would probably have to be used to distinguish between lines. In the end that would make the input screen look like this:
Code:

Field 1's Name  |  Field 2's Name  |  ETC  |  ETC  |  ETC  |
------------------------------------------------------------
value           | value            | value | value | value |
                |                  |       |       |       |

Look at me I've got zSKILLS
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:06 pm   

OmegaDeus You can make plugins for zmud using just about any language (c, delphi, c++,visual basic) are all compiled languages abd (vbscript, perlscript, javascript) are all interprated scripting languages
OmegaDeus
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:59 am   

Yeah, but in order to make plugins, I've gotta pay for more software that I can't afford.

nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:26 am   

Nope in order to distrubute your plugins you just have to pay to get a regcode
Kiasyn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:49 am   

I think maybe he was referring to a c/c++/visual basic/delphi compiler or something
Check out Talon, an easy IMC connection.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:08 am   

LOL yeah I guess opening my eyes and rereading it thats what he meant, Borland has a free compiler/ide I think.
OmegaDeus
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:22 am   

Borland used to, but last i checked it wasn't free anymore. IDK, i'll look and stuffs

FiendishX
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:34 am   

My request is that you fix all the bugs in the current version of zmud before worrying about feature requests. Seriously.
OmegaDeus
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:54 pm   Don't mind me if this has been brought up already

I have absolutely no clue as to whether someone has brought this up or not, but I've noticed with trying to write patterns for triggers, when you go to test, it only shows you if the pattern matches or not. If it doesn't match I'd absolutely love for it to show you where it does not match at. Maybe if it's too hard to show all the spots right off the bat, at least knowing the first place that doesn't match could be a big help to get rolling on setting up the pattern correctly. I have a lot of long patterns that i'm using and i'm putting in more all the time. When a lot of these don't match I have to start froms scratch re-building the pattern, and it would help me a lot more if the program could show me that my pattern matches at the beginning, but i (//////>ed something up at the end.

Jerran
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:20 am   

Here're a few thoughts off the bat...

1: Since you're building the new client from the ground up, might you consider Linux portability for all those who've wanted a Linux version of zMUD but couldn't get one (largely due to legacy code and the programming language used)?

2: I would like case-sensitive aliases (and a nickname function, since I tend to fill up the available nickname slots on those MUDs that have this function, and play some that don't have it).

3: I've been noticing a couple of minor bugs for some time now. I figured they'd be pretty tough to fix in the old client, but since the new one is being done from scratch, it should be easier to correct them. Anyway, these bugs, in the order in which I spotted them, are a. when typing in a multi-line command including carriage returns (eg: for multiple commands) into the command line with parsing turned on, it sometimes prints the carriage return/line break character instead of a carriage return/line break, and b. when I include a zMUD command into an alias (such as #cr), when the alias gets sent to the MUD, the command char (#) gets dropped, and the zMUD command code gets sent to the MUD as a MUD command. Examples of the bugs follow.

1st bug:

(typed)
say hello, sailor.;xyzzy;greet zugg;shout "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!";kill dog;sing memory

(result)
say hello, sailor.;xyzzy;greet zugg
shout "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!";kill dog
sing memory

(should be)
say hello, sailor.
xyzzy
greet zugg
shout "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"
kill dog
sing memory

2nd bug:

(alias)
#cr
-- J --
#cr

(sent)
cr
-- J --
cr

(should be)

-- J --

GURU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:04 pm   

Quote:

1: Since you're building the new client from the ground up, might you consider Linux portability for all those who've wanted a Linux version of zMUD but couldn't get one (largely due to legacy code and the programming language used)?

Not possible, since Zugg is still using third-party controls and whatnot that don't have ported versions.
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:49 am   

I don't really use all the advanced stuff, so I'd just like to have onwalkend fixed. S'all.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:56 pm   

I would really like it if the hexidecimal colors would properly #CAPTURE
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:54 pm   

I would like an inbuilt variable that references the caller, I couldn't find anything when looking though I have forgotten most of what I learnt about 8 years ago. For a laugh I would make it %-0 or more sensibly %caller.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:01 am   

MattLofton wrote:
Quote:

Not possible, since Zugg is still using third-party controls and whatnot that don't have ported versions.

Didn't think so, really, but figured I'd toss the idea out just in case.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:06 pm   Desired feature of zMUDXP

I am unsure if someone said this already, as the topic is quite long, and I do not feel like reading all the way through it, but the ability to set a background image in the output window would be exquisite. Handy for those of us who like to have a map of where we are (not the automap) available for perusal at all times.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:46 am   

Zugg wanted to do something like that, but I think it got shot down with a MOAB II when he tried to implement it. Seems that the picture would have to be way too transparent to actually see anything in order to see the text or vice versa. Or, possibly, that the transparency simply wasn't possible the way he wanted to do it.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:40 am   

but it would be really cool! with is a MOAB II ?
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:23 pm   

A web search showed up sunglasses but that doesn't fit. Back to Matt to clarify MOAB II.

I seem to remember reading somewhere information that states it is either impossible to achieve due to limitations in various components/windows itself or having got round said limitations it slows the client down to being next to useless.

Any comments on my wish for an internal variable referring to the caller, ie the alias being run at the time, I think it would be useful for Usage: echoes, not sure beyond that, what do you reckon?
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:51 pm   

Would be nice if the #mess command was a bit more configureable. Options for color and size would be nice, but the duration length is the one I'd really like to see most...

#mess {Message} {black|white} {20|3} {5}

That example would do a message with black text on a white backround, 20 characters long and 3 rows high, lasting for 5 seconds.
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:22 pm   

I'd have to agree Atre.
Seeing a better msg pop up bow would be a nice thing :-)
Tho an alternative method is to use #PICK for the info. It just don't go away after a time. but you DO get a pop-up with whatever info ya need.
Haven't tried it myself, was just a thought cause i think there's a way to put in vars in there.
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:59 pm   

MOAB II was a reference to the military arsenal. At some far away point in the past (around 10-20 years ago?) They came up with a really powerful bomb that was so powerful it rivaled or sometimes outperformed a small nuke. This bomb was named the Mother of All Bombs (MOAB) and was used in at least the first Iraq War if not prior. Recently, a new bomb was developed and released into public awareness that was even more powerful. It was dubbed MOAB II, and was used in the second Iraq War and I think maybe the Balkan War.
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:15 am   

Cool :)
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:48 pm   

- Ability to sync settings and maps across computers
(Would need to be able to use FTP, SFTP, form POST)
and/or
- Ability to run from "stick" without install
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: