Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Zugg Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:02 pm
zMUDXP Poll

What would you think about a new zMUDXP Product
As an existing zMUD user, I would buy zMUDXP for half-price ($15)
33%
 33%  [ 46 ]
As an existing zMUD user, I would NOT buy zMUDXP...I'd just keep using the zMUD that I'm currently using
13%
 13%  [ 19 ]
I would be *so* excited that I would buy zMUDXP at half price and then upgrade to zMUDXP-PRO
28%
 28%  [ 40 ]
I would be really *upset* that zMUDXP wasn't considered a free upgrade to zMUD like you've always promised!
24%
 24%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 139

internetgamer007
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:58 am   

Guinn wrote:
No Linux version for a number of reasons, see various other messages. That horse is already dead.

Did I say "Is there going to be a Linux version?" No. I've owned zMUD for many years, I've seen the other posts you refer to. I was merely stating my opinion to the poll and the condition I would want met before buying software again. Get it? We were all asked a question (not just you), therefore we can all answer it how we see fit without need for closeminded fools telling us what to think and what to say.

So just because the word Linux comes up, don't lump into the "blah blah it's a dead horse" category.
Kiasyn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:01 pm   

It will be literally impossible for zMUDXP to work under Linux because it will be written using zApp, which I believe has some very Windows-specific components.
Check out Talon, an easy IMC connection.
malathion
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:44 am   

Okay, so I just bought zmud for full price after using gmud for awhile. Now I come to the forums and find that I will be expected to purchase another product within a few months time? I have to say that I feel somewhat miffed by this. When I bought the zmud license, I thought I was getting free version upgrades for life. Confused
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:17 am   

No, please read these forums more carefully. You will learn that anyone who has purchased zMUD since July 1st 2005 will get a free license for the new product when it is released. So, nothing to be miffed about.
malathion
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:31 am   

Oops, sorry, nevermind then. :)
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:48 am   

Since this is your first time to the forums I hope you get to see this. If you bought zMud on July 1st or later, you automatically receive a CMud license. Zugg actually decided this so that his valued customers would not feel cheated but rather continue to receive exceptional value.
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:58 am   

Don't worry Malathion you will be able to get cmud for free if you just bought zmud and not have to pay for another 2 years (I think thats the upgrade policy).
malathion
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:08 am   

Yeah Zugg answered this, thanks. Smile
Draconar
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:42 am   

I am strongly against the full price release version for current zMUD owners. I can understand a small upgrade fee only to make up for all of your hard work, Zugg, but to charge all of your loyal players full price for a new GUI version.... well, I don't like it.
dravond
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:10 am   

I am running windows 98 so Until i get a new computer I wont be buying it. Just another reason to get a new computer Twisted Evil
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:43 pm   

Draconar, to pay about 30 bucks for a piece of software is an extremely good deal. For something like this that enables us to play free online games with many additional features overlaid on top of those games (i.e., triggers, buttons, etc), it is definitely a good return on investment. Consider how many people pay to play standard PC or console games. A single game costs you 50-60 dollars and when you get to the end (or just get bored), you're done with that game. zMUD has provided me with a few years of gaming fun already, and I expect CMUD will only enhance the experience more. All this for one low price.
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:11 pm   

Wonder if there's a great deal of point leaving the topic open anymore, what with CMUD being a couple of weeks away from Beta.
Similarly, might be worth shifting the 'ZMUDXP wishlist' into the cmud beta forum, and maybe rename it to 'CMUD wishlist' so that people stop having this idea that CMUD is just zMud with a new front end.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:14 pm   

I'm not sure about moving the thread but I agree with locking it. So I am doing, hope you don't mind Zugg, tell me off if you do Twisted Evil

Ooh look we get to see the stats of the poll Cool
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:55 pm   

The poll has been completed, and all the feedback is appreciated. Please take a look in the CMud beta forum, or post, if you have any questions.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: