Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
tanja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:52 am   

zchat

uh i was wondering how to make the zchat compatible with the latest version of zmud? would i have to have the .dll in the same folder as the zmud.exe or something? or am i just missing something ><

as a plug in i meant oO so i can chat through the zmud and not have to keep opening the zchat itself

thanks
Orang
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:41 pm   

i dunno i think zchat is bugged
i try to install it and it wont let me install to C:\zMUD2
it has to be C:\zMUD2\zMUD.exe and then it cant find the C:\zMUD2\zMUD.exe\readme.txt because its the wrong directory because it would not let me install it into the correct directory in the first place Evil or Very Mad
Caharin
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:38 pm   

you have to install zchat in the folder that contains zmud. and you gotta get rid of the part that says zmud.exe. just have to put it in the zmud folder then load the plugin in the zmud called zchatapi.dll. then tada kickassness
Orang
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:10 pm   

it wont let me change the part that says zmud.exe otherwise i would
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:20 pm   

change the part that says zmud.exe?
where is that?
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:22 pm   

when u are trying to install it .. it wont let me change it either even if i browse
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:14 pm   

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about here. You don't need to change anything that says "zmud.exe". To use zChat, just download it and run it. When it asks you where to install, select the same directory that zMUD is installed in.

After zChat has installed, run zMUD. Click the Offline button to open your MUD character offline. Go to the Plugins menu at the top and select Install Plugins. This will open the list of plugins. Click the Add button and locate the ZCHATAPI.DLL file. That is the plugin file for zMUD. Select that and it will add the zChat plugin. Then click the Load button and zChat will get loaded and should start up.
Vodoc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:59 pm   

Zugg wrote:
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about here. You don't need to change anything that says "zmud.exe". To use zChat, just download it and run it. When it asks you where to install, select the same directory that zMUD is installed in.

That's the problem, if you have zMUD installed then will the install directory default to the location where zmud.exe resides (and keep the filename, not just the path). So you have to manually edit the install directory to point to just the path and not the executable. Not a big problem but confusing for some.
Broksonic
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:34 pm   

Being that zChat hasnt changed, how about just running install to the directory its wants then copy/paste the files you need to the directory you want?

Sounds simple enuff to me.
tanja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:16 pm   

i was able to install zchat and install it as a plugin, but i'm not able to chat through the command prompt on zmud to zchat
kopf1988
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:18 am   The install directory points to a file, not a directory, which causes an error

Zugg wrote:

After zChat has installed, run zMUD. Click the Offline button to open your MUD character offline. Go to the Plugins menu at the top and select Install Plugins. This will open the list of plugins. Click the Add button and locate the ZCHATAPI.DLL file. That is the plugin file for zMUD. Select that and it will add the zChat plugin. Then click the Load button and zChat will get loaded and should start up.

Zugg, when you install Zmud, it tries to install to "C:\Program Files\zmud\zmud.exe" and that is not a directory.

We have to manually change it to say "C:\Program Files\zmud".

Notice the difference?:
C:\Program Files\zmud
C:\Program Files\zmud\zmud.exe
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: