Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:55 pm   

Zuggsoft.com server downtime

Our hosting company is moving their operation to a new (much better) facility over the next couple of days. They are working hard to minimize downtime to their customers. The zuggsoft.com server will be down sometime during this move for up to 2 hours as the server is physically moved to the new location. Here are the possible windows of downtime:

Thursday July 7th, 2005 - 9:00pm MST - 2:00am MST
Friday July 8th, 2005 - 9:00pm MST - 2:00am MST
Saturday July 9th, 2005 - 9:00pm MST - 2:00am MST

We don't know yet exactly which time window will effect the zuggsoft server, but the downtime should be short.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:20 pm   

Oh well, so much for the 2-hour estimate. As you probably guessed, the move of our hosting company to a new building pretty much went as badly as it could. They were not able to move a server at a time and ended up having to move all 150 servers all at once, in the middle of the night, without the use of the elevators. I know that Dale hardly got any sleep at all. I was a bit annoyed at the length of the downtime, but at least the server survived, and with their much better hosting facilities in their new location and new redundant power system, things should be more reliable from here on out.
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:26 pm   

I sent you an email yesterday from work wondering why the server was down for so long. I didn't remember that you posted something in the zMUD section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: