Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Wulfborn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:21 am   

Zmud + Limited User Accounts

Has anyone gotten Zmud to work well with WinXP SP2's limited user accout?

I've been trying to make my computer 'safe' from my children by moving most stuff that they can use into the limited account. Problem is, with Zmud, I get a failure to write error. This is because Limited Account won't allow the user to alter any files within the Zmud directory.

I tried to make the Zmud directory writable by unchecking Read-Only under my administrator account, but WinXP (darn you) keeps resetting the folder to read-only. The only solution I've found is to share out the folder to a network and giving the network read/write permissions. Adding the $ symbol to the folder name hides the folder from casual searches on the network, but it still bothers me that I have to share out the folder in order to use it as Limited User.

Any suggestions?
temper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:33 am   

if you want to limit your windows load to keep our kids out of sensative areas, and files, then you need to use tweakui.
Its part of the Microsoft Power Toys for Windows XP collection. Set there acct as a standard user acct and run tweakui.exe. Read through the settings and play around with it some, or atleast until you get that user acct setup the way you want it to function. The rest is all fun and games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: