Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:45 pm   

Illegal scripting [was: Help me set up a few lasertag...]

MUD players should be aware of the rules in force on the MUDs that they play. Some MUDs have rules against botting. Please do not post scripts intended for such MUDs in these forums.

While zMUD is extremely flexible and allows you to create complex bots, I do not condone this use of zMUD on MUDs where bots are not allowed. Violating these kind of MUD rules will just get your character locked or wiped on the MUD, and it just gives zMUD a bad rep with the MUD admins out there.

I have removed the offending thread at the request of the Aardwolf admins. Please do not post these kind of topics in the future.
DeathDealer
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:40 pm   

If i can ask a question in order to clarify?
Do you mean that there should be no more questions about bots?
Or just those that are specific to those MUDs that have issues with bots (which to my limited knowledge is pretty much all of them)?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:11 pm   

Most muds don't have a problem with certain bots, On the mud I play Healing bots are Illegal, but I can have a kill bot. Also during recall tag games(much like Aardwolfs lastertag) Scripts of anysort are illegal so that everyone has a fair chance to win. What fun would playing lasertag be if group A had a set of scripts to auto shoot, and group b didnt have any?

I once came across a mud that didnt allow ANY triggers whatsoever, needless to say after typeing get coins corpse 4 times I didnt re visit them.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:26 pm   

General questions about bots are fine. Specific bot code for specific MUD games that disallow it (like the lasertag stuff) is the problem.
DeathDealer
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:37 am   

*nod* understood Zugg. was just curious :-)
Thank god i'm to stupid to make a bot.
Well, except for getting lucky on one for the topic of this post.
But what Nexela said is true. It's not fair for one to have something that another don't have. it's like cheat code that gives ya GOD powers in a video game. Even a walk through. Just ruins it and makes it boring as hell.
That laser bot of mine i deleted once i saw that it would work. no point to it, and never even joined another laser tag.
Oh and Nexela, I actually ran into a MUD that didn't want any clients AT ALL. Either use thier java client or telnet.
Another didn't allow auto login triggers.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: