Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
minish1
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:43 pm   

creating a simple message coder

hi i was wondering if somone could help me make a simple message coder that would work if i specifially tell someone something and they tell me a message back, for example, if my friend(who also had the code/decoder) sends me a message, it is encoded over the mud but my zmud recognizes a message from him and translates it...

for example:
from bob's end, he types in tell tom hello, my name is bob.
zmud changes this to some gibberish that is sent over the mud looking something like this "tell tom asdf, av poui im wec." but then on my end, the zmud sees its a message from bob and changes the letters back to this:
Bob just flashed, "hello, my name is bob."

i would like to simply make a list like a=i, b=d etc etc... then have that list of replacements work when i send a message to a specific person, but leave messages to others unencoded... hope someone understands what i mean
Maelstrom
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:34 am   

From your side:
#ONINPUT {tell bob (*)} {#SUBSTITUTE {tell bob %subchar(%1,"abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz","ghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdef")}}

From his side:
#TRIGGER {^Jim tells you '(*)} {#PSUB "%subchar(%1,'ghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdef','abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'" %x1)}

Cool
minish1
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:29 am   

hrm... had to switch the order on the second part, got the coding working, but i cant change the syntax entirely...

for the trigger, i need it to recognize Jim just flashed, "(*)

with quotes and a comma... but when i add in the comma and quotes the trigs stop working...
Maelstrom
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:10 am   

The ending quotes are going to mess it up in that case...
Change it to:
^Jim just flashed, "(*)"$

Changing its simple...
In the two quotes "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" and "ghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdef" there is a direct mapping from one to the other. So if you had (in the original sentence an "a" it will be replaced with a "g" and so on down the line and lastly a "z" with an "f".

Of course the person recieving will get a bunch of giberish so he has to reverse the process which is why they are backwards from each other...
minish1
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:52 am   

thanks for the help, the settings you put didnt work correctly, but helped greatly in pointing me in the right direction... by the reverse order, i meant i had to change "ghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdef" to "fedcbazyxwvutsrqponmlkjihg"... but yea, i got that and the rest all figured out... like i said, thank you for the help
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: