Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
temper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:57 pm   

help with zmud

i recently purchased zmud, but i cant seem to make it work correctly.

im having the following problems

a paging problem, when in builder mode, the page refresh either doesnt work or displays the information off screen. Is there a way to turn the parse off?

configuring the mapper.
the mapper stacks rooms, the follow doesnt work, the speed walk does not work correctly. and the mapper adds or does not add exists that either exist or do not exist.

is there a way to turn off the input return at the bottom of the client, so that it does not remember your last entries.

thats a large start, if i can get some of these problems fixed then maybe i can figure out the rest of the problems.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:31 pm   

For building, use the built in Editor (Windows/Editor or press Ctrl-Shift-Enter). It has a separate Parse option you can turn off. Otherwise, in the main command line, Ctrl-R will toggle parsing on and off.

For the mapper, it sounds like the configuration for your MUD isn't good. You'll need to post more information giving sample output from your MUD for people here to help you more with this. And make sure you have fully read ALL of the help topics linked to the mapper Help menu. The mapper is very complex and takes some time and effort to configure (because every MUD is different).

To turn off the input so that it doesn't automatically select your last command, go into the Preferences, select Command Line and turn on the Auto Clear option.
GaidinBDJ
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:54 pm   Re: help with zmud

temper wrote:

configuring the mapper.
the mapper stacks rooms, the follow doesnt work, the speed walk does not work correctly. and the mapper adds or does not add exists that either exist or do not exist.

I run into the same problem, but I'm mapping on an LP, which are notoriously brutal on mappers. Lots of onenter events for rooms that throw off the mapper. The best way is to take your time mapping. And set up #TAG triggers so you can use #look to capture the room correctly. Also, if you get a break (overlapping rooms) you can use the Merge Stacked Rooms thing to sync up the exits, then a #look will fix it nicely.

As far as walking, I have to keep mine on fast walk and just trust in my map to be accurate.

It'd hard work to map a MUD, especially since some builders intentionally do thing to make it hard to map (on the mud I play on there's an area where instead of north, south, west, etc, there's forward, backward, right, and left which change depending on how you walk into the room. *That's* a nightmare.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: