Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
minish1
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:43 pm   

#send command help

ok... i have text files that im using for saved dirs on quests... speed walking is not supported on the mud i play as there is a limit on how fast you can walk, so i have the buffer for each command set to 1 second, but there are a couple parts where i want to command stack two dirs at once as to avoid some aggressive monsters... i tried to save two dirs on one line of the text file like this:

n
e
e;n

but it just sends it as one command "e;n" and i get a reply from the mud "e; is not a command"
any help here would be appreciated
Nexes
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:30 pm   

Exactly how are you sending it? I've never used the #SEND command and I don't see the need, but I believe that it would bypass all Zmud parsing, which means that the semicolon would not be removed.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:53 pm   

#SEND file {#exec}

does that work?
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:04 pm   

no, that does not work, as #send command executes each line of a text file... i have one line that is e; e so that it stacks e twice, but it does not work properly since it tries to send "e; e" as one command to the mud... i have it stacked to try to get past the 1 second buffer between lines... i appreciate the attempt at help, but if you dont understand the #send command, please refrain from replying :P
DeReP
Adept

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:16 pm   

Dont be rude with people trying to help you out dude.

Tried Making it?
Code:

.ee
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:55 am   

I would suggest that #SEND is not what you want to be using. You should produce your own loop with #FILE; #READ or %read; #ALARM; and perhaps even #EXECUTE. Beyond those pointers we really can't suggest much based on the information you have provided.

Personally I wouldn't suggest too much to someone that has worked with zMud for nearly 3 years, and been a semifrequent poster and helper in these forums. Shalimar has paid his/her dues here and while the solution provided didn't work that is no reason to be beligerent. All of us that answer questions here do so on a voluntary basis. That includes 'Guru' types like me that know far too much about zMud. Please at least try to be courteous to those that try to help you...

As to how to exactly work with my suggestions above I would reccommend reading the help on all of those command and functions. I made all of them hyperlinks to the online help for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: