Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zApp Developers
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:14 am   

Program Requests

I've got a ton of free time and want to experiment with zApp developing, but other than my little access-like database viewer that I'm working on (which I'm really waiting on a component for) I can't think of a usefull piece of software to write. I'm so used to getting high level requirements from management.

So can anyone perhaps suggest some nifty tools that they'd like to see written in zApp and I'll see what I can do :)

Thanks
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:28 pm   

One thing I was going to do is put together some sort of "Super Demo" of zApp. It would have tab pages for various types of components, and some pages would have a memo box where you could enter your own scripts on-the-fly and execute them. Basically a giant program that tries to demo all of the possible features available in zApp.

Would be a challenge, would be useful (to me at least), and would allow you to learn about all aspects of zApp. If each tab acted as sort of a tutorial for each class of components, then it might even be useful for other zApp developers.

Hopefully others will post other ideas...I'm also interested in what kinds of programs people can think of.
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:47 pm   

Free time?!? I wish I had that!! Laughing

The "Super Demo" is a good idea but it would even be better if you wrote a tutorial around it also. I've been pointing many people who aren't developers towards trying out zApp but I feel that they really need more tutorials. One that covers all aspects of zApp development in an easy to following tutorial format would be invaluable. This would also benefit everyone by encouraging others to learn how to create plug-ins for existing (or soon to exist) zApp applications. -- And this is bound to keep you busy Razz
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:05 pm   

Erggh..I might take a stab at it, wasn't exactly what I had planned.

I was thinking something more functional...but it might be a good learning experience, I'll play a bit tonight with the tab control
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:06 am   

Sorry, Krule, I thought Zugg's idea was a good one but it may not be fun for you. So I'll throw some out off the top of my head (initially simple, of course): address book, daily planner, weight loss diary, text adventure game, text based rpg, bug database for zApp developers.
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:30 am   

Ahhh..now there is some good ideas.

I think I may start with a Task Manager and move to an Expense Manager. I wonder if zApp could be made to run on wince.....hmmm..(prolly not as it dont support scripting, does it?)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:42 pm   

Nope, no WinCE support, sorry. It's another case of zApp being written in Delphi, and Delphi is only available for Windows. Remember that single platform, optimized for Windows, was one of the main design assumptions at the beginning of zApp. It heavily depends upon the COM object architecture of Windows, and the Windows Scripting API.
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:18 pm   

No biggy, I also dont think CE supports scripting...:p

I just thought of it beause I hate VBCE and VC++CE
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:11 pm   

You hafta call it a "MegaDemo" ala the old days when people wrote them to show how l33t they were with scrollers, star fields, and sprites on ye olde atari and amiga :D
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zApp Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: