Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:26 am   

Build 2.2.0.60 available

I have uploaded build 2.2.0.60 which will probably be the last CVS build before the 2.3 public release.

I've tested all of the demo apps, and they all seem to work, including the IMAPMAIL demo.

I've included the source code for the DOCVIEW.ZML file. You can run this and select Update All if you want to build the database from scratch and try it out.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to test the deployment methods for EXE files and release a standalone version of the DOCVIEW.EXE program that bundles the sqlite.dll and pre-populated database file with it.

New to this build is all of the command line parameter parsing (core.OptionExists, core.OptionValue), and all of the other stuff that I've mentioned in other threads (mostly used in the doc viewer program).

Anyway, as usual, if you find any bugs, please create a New Topic in this forum to report it.

Also, if you have access to other databases, please test it for me. I've only been able to test on SQLite, Jet (MS Access ADO), embedded Firebird, and MySql. In particular, the stored procedure support hasn't been tested at all.

Hope you enjoy the build. I've got a few misc things to do for the public release, which will hopefully be tomorrow.
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:55 am   

I will test the DBView and stored procedure support tomorrow at work.
Mark1Up

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:04 am   

Hello Zugg,

Interesting development tool you are putting together here. I was trying out the demo and noticed that the Thesaurus option in the editor application didn't seem to do anything so I thought I would mention it.

Regards,
Mark
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:48 am   

You need a Thesaurus file for it ;)

zApp uses the Addict spellchecking system. You can file dictionaries and thesaurus files on their web site at http://www.addictive-software.com/

When the public release is available this week, I'll be adding some download files to the zuggsoft.com site here so that you don't have to go to the Addict site.
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:19 am   

Sorry, Zugg, I didn't get a chance to try out the DBView and stored procedure support at work yet. A bit of a crisis occured at work today. Hopefully, the issues at work will be sorted out in the morning giving me time at lunch to play with zApp more.
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:20 am   

I have to tell you that the docview.zml app is awesome (current bugs aside.) I love the ability to update the database and copy it to my laptop. Exactly what I wanted!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:25 am   

OK, no problem on the stored procedure stuff. I'm going ahead with the public release anyway, since I'm sure there are other bugs. And I'll fix any bugs you find in the stored procedures in the next incremental update within a week or so.

The public release doesn't mean that I'm "done" with zApp. It just means that it's stable enough and has the appropriate features for people to really start using it. I really needed to release *something* to replace the really old 2.0 beta version that was in the Download area. That old 2.0 version didn't have any of the ZeosLib database stuff, nor did it have any of the DevExpress controls, and I really needed to get rid of that in preparation for new users looking at zApp who learned about it via the press release that went out last week.
Mark1Up

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:39 pm   

Zugg,

It seems a little confusing that the spell checking dictionary is already there but we would need to download the Thesaurus file seperately. Would we be able to include the Thesaurus file in a Zapp application that we developed or are there license issues on the Thesaurus file itself?

Mark
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:14 pm   

No, it was just an oversight. The Spellchecking is a much more commonly used function than the Thesaurus, and I was trying to keep the zApp downloads small. Also, the as-you-type spelling is a eye-catching feature, and the Thesaurus doesn't have anything like that.

But there is no reason that I know of not to distribute the Thesaurus files.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: