Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account
 

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion
thesnarky1
Newbie


Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:19 am   

zMud mapping problem in Achaea
 
Ok, I've been playing with the zMud mapping for a few days now, and it seems a little buggy (or I can't find how to make it work properly). I have the mapper in Map Creation mode, and I'll walk around. This works fine at first, but then when I try to go back over where I've mapped, it will go a maximum of one room. Now, I'd already fixed some problems, like weather changing the room descriptions (checked room descriptions change), but I can't get it to follow me more then one room at a time. I'm not speedwalking, though I did increase the time to wait to be 750ms, which, before was enough. Another weird bug I saw, is the creation of bogus exits. I figured one out, it detects a "beehive hanging down" as an exit to the down, but the mapper finds all kinds of false exits, not sure why. Can anyone help me with this, I'm getting very frustrated since I just bought the license yesterday. Thanks
Reply with quote
MattLofton
GURU


Joined: 23 Dec 2000
Posts: 4834
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:10 am   
 
You will likely have to #TAG the crap out of your room info, as Achaea and its spawn have been problem MUDs for years. I dunno about on these new boards, but you might try searching the forums for Achaea-related mapping questions. Assuming they still exist, these will likely have the technical information needed to wrangle the mapper into compliance.
_________________
EDIT: I didn't like my old signature
Reply with quote
thesnarky1
Newbie


Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:10 am   
 
I found the topics after I posted this, thanks, and realized I'm not the only one with problems. Sorry for not finding them sooner, and wasting you time, but I'ma gonna see if I can't find a good way to map. Thanks for replying!
--Snarky
Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2009 Zugg Software. Hosted by Wolfpaw.net