Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Zugg Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:12 pm
zApp Schedule
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:03 pm   

Zugg wrote:
Stored procedures are database dependant, so there is no way to add support in an independant way to the zApp controls. You'd need to specify them using SQL syntax just the way you normally do with your database. Unless I'm missing something, you don't need anything special in zApp to do this.

Well, when needed I can just instantiate the ADO.Command object in VBScript, anyways. I am thinking about how I can eventually give a demonstration to my bosses. I am trying to anticipate their questions at this point.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:55 pm   

OK, cool, I got the zMemo HTML stuff working today.

The HTML import routines (used when you set the HTML property of a zMemo to a string), now supports the following features that it didn't used to:
  • Supports the <DL>, <DT>, <DD> tags for description lists. I don't know why a lot of HTML tools don't support these tags. I love them and use the *all* the time. Even support for DL lists in Dreamweaver is poor. Don't know why.
  • multiple <BR> tags work properly to add additional blank lines
  • added support for the CLASS="name" tag in the <DIV> and <SPAN> tags to access named text styles
  • added support for the CLASS="name" tag in the <P> tag to access named paragraph styles
  • added support for the BORDER tag in the <TD> table tag to turn on or off the border for that particular cell
  • added support for the STYLE tag in the <DIV> and <SPAN> tags. The supported STYLE attributes are: font-family, font-size, font-style, font-weight, color.
  • added the OnJump event handler to control what happens when a user clicks on a hyperlink within the memo.

I also fixed a lot of problems with the TREE.DB control. It basically wasn't working at all in the current build. The new build fixes all of the problems I could find and adds support to the TREE.DB for the same events defined for the normal TREE control.

I also added zTemplate support to the zLabel control. So you can do stuff like this:
Label.Caption = "<B>{#databasefield#}</B>"
to access database fields within your label caption.

The offline Documentation Viewer program is now basically complete and working great. So now I just have another day's worth of miscellaneous fixes and I should be ready for the release. Monday is still looking like my best guess.
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:25 pm   

Mondays release will be a public beta?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:41 pm   

No, Monday's release with the the PUBLIC version...no more Beta!!!

Oh, and because I'm so thrilled with it, here is a screen shot of the zApp Documentation Viewer:

When I'm convinced that it's ready, I'll post the source code over in the Demos area.
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:07 am   

This is absolutely exciting!! Great work Zugg!!
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:59 am   

Mondays release is a public final? Isn't that dangerous as there might still be lingering bugs that haven't been tested? (Not that I think this will happen, but i'm always the cautious type)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:43 am   

Well, 1) there are always bugs, and 2) I'll probably do a CVS release tomorrow. But zApp has been very stable for quite a while now, and it's mainly been a matter of getting the functionality that I wanted into the public release and having the documentation mostly done.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: