Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Kougar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:19 pm   

Life Demo problem

I can't get the Life Demo to work. I keep getting the error:

File: . Line: 97 Col: 22 Error: Invalid element name: ''

I'm getting this error under 2.2.0.35 and got it under 2.2.0.29. I copied the xml code from the zApp Demo page, pasted it into a blank text file, and saved it as life.zml. I can run all the other Demos but not Life. I'm new to zApp, so what am I missing?

Kougar
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:23 pm   

Sounds like you made an error somehow in the copy and paste. You shouldn't need to copy and paste the text from the web page. There should already be a LIFE.ZML file that is part of the zApp distribution. So look in your zApp directory and just click on the LIFE.ZML file to run it.

There are often problems copying text from web pages since sometimes other HTML gets inserted into the clipboard by the web browser, and often the line breaks are messed up.

Anyway, I just tried the LIFE.ZML file here with 2.2.0.35 and it worked fine.
Kougar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:29 pm   

Ah, I got it. I messed up my install. I installed the 2.2.0.29 (and then .35) into my 2.2 beta directory. I did a complete uninstall of both and reinstalled .35. It works now. Sorry to bother you. Smile

Kougar
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: