Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
hypernikes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:48 pm   

zMud disconnects, would appreciate script to fix this

I seem to be one of the people that suffer from the problem where I am disconnected from a MUD after a few minutes of inactivity (and it seems I am still connected but when I type something, it reveals that I have been disconnected).

I know that anti-idle scripts already exist but for most of the MUDs I play, it is illegal to have a script to stay logged on while idle. So I was wondering if there was a script that performs anti-idle commands up to a certain time.

For example, MUD X disconnects users that have been idle for 30 minutes but my router/internet connection/computer disconnects me within a few minutes of inactivity on the MUD. So I was wondering if there was a script where it will perform anti-idle commands up to 30 minutes (or any time specified). Also, varies the commands sent to the mud to prevent idling (and of course reset after I manually type in a command). Thanks.
Kison
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:06 am   

Try using the #WAIT command. Make a trigger for the "noidle" command that will trigger the #WAIT command and some other input like "donotidlefool" that will set off another trigger that will do the same thing.

For example:

Trigger Command: donotidle

#WAIT 30000
donotidle

Of course you will have to alter the number after #WAIT to fit the ammount of time you want it to wait.
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:00 am   

#WAIT in ANY trigger is a bad Idea try this instead

#ALARM "keep_connected" {5:00} {#ADD timer 1;#IF (@timer>=1) {#CR;#IF (@timer>=5) {#T- keep_connected}}}
#ONINPUT "reset_timer" {*} {timer=0;#T+ keep_connected}

This is a 5 minute alarm that adds one to @timer, IF @timer is greater then or equal to one then every 5 five minutes it sends a carriage return to the mud, if @timer is greater then or equal to 5 it disables the alarm
Then with the oninput anytimer you type something timer is reset to 0 and the alarm is enabled in case it was disabled
aly78

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:57 am   Re: zMud disconnects, would appreciate script to fix this

hypernikes wrote:
I seem to be one of the people that suffer from the problem where I am disconnected from a MUD after a few minutes of inactivity (and it seems I am still connected but when I type something, it reveals that I have been disconnected).

This just recently started happening to me too. Does anyone know why it does this all of a sudden when it never used to??

Thanks for any info!
blkno1
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:40 am   

You wouldn't have Verizon DSL for an ISP would you. I've just recently been having this same prob.

-bk
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:35 am   

What kind of modem do you have? The reason I ask is that when I first got broadband access via DirectDSL (subsidiary of DirecTV that went insolvent in like 2001 or 2002 and sold to yahoo) they shipped me an internal DSL modem and the cable that went from the DSL card to the router was literally heavy enough to pull the plug away from the connectors sufficiently enough to lose connection (it happened to be a known issue and as soon as the tech guy heard me say "yep, it's an internal one" he stopped trying to help me and told me to send it back for an external replacement).
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:15 pm   

I got verizon DSL. Don't happen to me.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: