Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zApp Developers
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:49 pm   

Nice Freeware Editor Control

Zugg,

Just an FYI while I have the info. You may already know about it but I wanted to post this before I forgot to. If/When you get around to incorporating an editor into the Pro version here is one to consider: http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/

It is free even for commercial use and seems quite nice (check out the screenshots.)

-Steven
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:55 pm   

Two comments about this. First, anything that I use in zApp needs to be written in Delphi, so Scintilla is out because of that. But don't worry about the editor. The TRichView component that zApp already has is *very* powerful (it's the editor complexity equivalent to the DevExpress Grid complexity). So it's really just a matter of adding a syntax highlighter to this existing component. I'm sure it's possible, just haven't had the time to investigate it.
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:00 pm   

So the current editor could probably make a nice component for report writing, mail merge, etc.? Can I set the page size to anything (like an envelop?)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:51 pm   

Yes, that's exactly what it is for. It's a full text editor component. It works with an expanded version of RTF natively, but has import/export routines for XML and HTML. So it can also be used as an HTML editor, for example. It also works as a normal memo component (just plain text).

The page size should be settable because I know there is an action to insert a page break. Play with the EDITOR.ZML demo to get an idea of the capabilities. This is a simple wrapper around all of the built-in actions for the editor.

Like with the Grid, what I haven't done yet is go through and expose all of the properties and methods for scripting. So, while it works fine just using the predefined actions assigned to toolbar buttons, to actually start scripting it will take more work.

As I mentioned, it is a *very* complex control, so it will take a while for me to really understand how it works. But since this is the component to be used for the mail composition window in eMobius, it's high on the priority list for that project.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zApp Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: