Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dkotas
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:17 am   

Send Only Door Command

Couple problems will try to be clear on them:

- Strings and doors, Send only door command appears to do nothing.
When checked the door command is sent immediately followed by the direction command.
- Door command is only sent 1 time, that is, if you attempt to travel through a door and it is not successful, you cannot reattempt (made a bogus door direction to test the checkbox without having to move back to the room on the map) after that, only the direction command is sent when attempting to move in a direction.

I have installed Zmapper, and have had the problem prior to and after using zmapper. The conditions exist if I use additional custom exits or not. If the plugin is installed or not installed. Weither or not I have created the map with the mapper or zmapper. Weither I set the config setting prior to creating a door or after.

Any ideas on how I might get this functional?
Spartacus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:02 pm   

If I understand what you are saying correctly, it sounds like it's working as expected. Checking this option should prevent zmud from sending the direction as part of the open door command. This is because some muds require "open door" while others require "open door east".

For the second issue, you need a trigger to detect failure to travel because of a door and issue #nomap and #nodir when it fires:
Code:
#TR {The door to the (\w) is closed} {#nomap;#nodir;unlock door %1;open door %1}

You might want to edit that some, but before you consider adding #step to the end of the trigger action, think about what will happen if you are not able to open the door and it is still closed the next time you try to move in that direction (spam city/death by trigger loop).
dkotas
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:53 pm   

I hacked a work aroud with the #NOOP command and room scripts in zmapper. Also worked around the portal issue mention else where in the forum about portals in some rooms but not others. I wrote an alias to add an other exit and recall command attached to it for rooms that allow recall. To clairify what the problem was I used a non-standard exit in direction down for this example:

Typed commands that work are:
Open Grate
Enter Grate

Mapper would send
Open Grate
Enter Grate
D

which is good if I want to type out the Open grate, enter grate to manualy walk there, or use the double click on the map (which would sometimes get confused). But what I want the map to do is accept D as the direction and send the "other" command linked to down.

Zmapper fixed it (though regular mapper could as well) with Changing other command to #NOOP and giving the door a name... Now mapper sends
Open Grate
Enter Grape
#Noop

*** ZMapper Opinions ***

Zmapper allowed me to expand the number of exits to allow for all of the door types my mud has (Standard, Door, Locked Door, Nokey door (requires pick or smash to open), Enter, Locked Enter, Nokey enter (again requires pick or smash to open), Exam (teleport), and Delayed teleport rooms (just add a wait to the direction script). WOW that alone is worth 20 bucks. My maps are so much nicer now, and I haven't even started changing room appearances yet. My plan for that is to hold with the standard squares and quarter them, changing the color to red or green, so I can see if a room is flaged NOMAGIC, PKOK, NORecall, NoClutch (alternate recall routine takes you to a room other than recall). Basicly give more info in smaller space.

I haven't seen any bugs in Zmapper in my *extensive* 5 days of use. And I am quite impressed. I think if you could get people over that learning curve of how to use the plugins with the com objects, sales would go up considerably, that appears to be where the ZMapper is most powerful *IMHO*. I love how flexable it is. My advice, pony up a $20, dedicate a couple braincells, it's worth it.
Spartacus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:40 am   

I have the money, but my braincells were all donated to science and the liquor industry while I was in college. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: