Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:49 am   

Weekly build 2.2.0.12 posted

I have uploaded the latest build of zApp (end-user) to the Download area.

This is the first version that contains the DevExpress controls.

I still have quite a bit of work to do on this, but you should be able to start playing with it. Here are some issues:

a) The IMAPMAIL.ZML demo program does not work. This is because the new Grid does not yet implement some zApp-specific features as follows:

1) kind='image' columns are not yet supported.
2) The captionimage property is not implemented
3) The images property is not implemented
4) Bugs in handling "virtual" grids, like the Message collection in the IMAPStore object

b) The TREE component has all of it's properties and methods defined. Most all of the DevExpress properties and methods for a VirtualTree are available. The NODE object interface has changed a bit, and a lot of methods have been added. This might not be compatible with the previous IzNode objects. The new node object does not implement the old IzNode interface, which is being discarded. I hope to document all of the properties and methods soon.

c) The GRID component doesn't yet have all of the DevExpress methods and properties exported yet. This will take a bit of time as the DevExpress grid object is very complex and is not really a single object (most of the properties and methods apply to the "view" object rather than the grid). I plan to implement a VIEW object in zApp to help with this.

d) Not all of the ThemeEngine controls have been removed yet, so the zApp EXE size is a bit larger than it should be. I'll be continuing to work on removing ThemeEngine controls, but it means redesigning all of the dialog boxes for the RichText actions and spellchecker.

e) Note all events are implemented yet. For example, the GetCellImage and GetCellText methods are not implemented for the Grid.

f) The internal dependance between Grids, Trees, and Collections is not yet working. So, if you assign a Collection to a Grid or Tree, and then add an element to the collection, the grid and tree will not update to reflect the change like it should.

g) While you can customize the toolbars and menus using the customize pulldown on the right side of the toolbar, you cannot yet save or restore these customizations. They are lost when you exit the program. Same thing for grid column widths, column order, etc.

I think those are the main issues. Obviously I haven't had a chance to document any of this yet. There are a ton of new features hidden in this release that I'll be documenting over the course of the following weeks.

Feel free to post comments, bugs, suggestions, questions, etc. But please remember to start a NEW POST.

Thanks for your patience. This conversion to DevExpress has been a lot more complicated than I expected, but it should pay off in the long run.

Have fun with it!

(P.S., Check out the DBVIEW.ZML demo program. It shows both the new database connectivity as well as the new DB grid in action. The MAPVIEW.ZML demo program also does a good job working with ZMUD MAP files. You should see a huge speed improvement over the previous versions!)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: