Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:23 pm   

How to Delete all rooms in a zone?

Hey All,

On my mud there are a couple of zones that are created randomly which change once in a while. I got a script that will auto explore them and kill the stuff in the zone. Before I enter the zone, I would like to be able to delete all the rooms from the zone since they may no longer be accurate. I could not find a delete room function or command though, so I am not sure how to go about doing this. If anyone can assist me, I would appreciate it.

I am running Zmud 7.05a

Thanks,

Robert
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:18 am   

There is no function for deleteing the rooms from a script directly in zMud. This can be done with zMapper running as a plugin. I would suggest that the rooms themselves don't change, just the links between them. You can delete links using the %roomlink function. After that some small adjustments to your exploration script would allow you to simply relink them in the new configuration.
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:45 am   

Hey Vijilante,

I d/led and installed zMapper, but I did not find anything in the help which detailed how to delete a room using COM, or any other method by a script. If you could tell me the syntax I would like to try that out.

I believe the rooms do change, but is only done each reboot. Still, if I made a large enough number of rooms which I delinked and reloaded the descriptions for each time, I would not need to delete the actual rooms. The number of rooms I would end up with would be a very large over time though. I might try this if the zMapper room deletion doesn't work well.

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Robert
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:25 am   

To access the zMapper components from zMud you use the %map predefined variable. Such as
#VAR curroom {%map.CurRoom}
#ECHO curroom.Z
#VAR curroom {}
You should always release COM objects when done with them by setting the variable to null as in the above example.

In any case, I just reread zMapper's help and found that it does not have a function for deleting rooms. I thought it did, and apologize for not checking first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: