Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:48 am   

New forum status bar

I've implemented a new status bar that is displayed below the main menu when you are logged in. It shows your username, a logout link, and the number of private messages you have. It also has a quick site-wide search field on the right edge.

The only problem I'm seeing is that the Logout function doesn't seem to be working in Internet Explorer. In PHP it is trying to delete a cookie with:

setcookie( $cookiename, '', time()-3600);

but this doesn't seem to be removing the cookie information in Internet Explorer. It works fine in Firebird, but not IE.

I can't figure this out. Even if I try to set this cookie to some bogus data it always seems to come back with some value. It's as if the cookie was permanent and not actually getting reset or overwritten.

Do other people have this problem or is the Logout link working for you?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:10 am   

OK, I think I found the problem. Apparently in my messing around I got a bad Cookie on my system that couldn't be deleted by the site. I went into my Cookies folder (in your Document and Settings/Username folder). I found a cookie that ended in @zuggsoft.txt and deleted it. Then everything worked. This cookie gets recreated now, but works properly with the logout.

I also deleted the @forums.zuggsoft.txt and @www.zuggsoft.txt cookies in case they were causing a problem.

I think this all happened because I had the cookie domain set inproperly. So, it hopefully didn't affect most people. But if you have a problem with the Log Out function, try deleting your cookie to see if that fixes it for you also.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:26 am   

I love the new bar, it makes life much easier. Thanks Zugg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: