Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:40 pm   

Barely possible to login to the forums

To login to the forums seem barely possible. Right now I am quite frustrated as I have lost one large complain post already because of the bugs Mr. Green. Therefore this post will describe the issue in less detail as I don't want to lose this one too.

The forum does not properly work with:
1. Autologin. It simply wont remember it. Also if you click the wrong link you'll get logged out for some odd reason.
2. It'll go into https:// at login mysteriously and if you post then you'll be sorry because your post will be gone.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:54 pm   

Automatic login is currently working for me. I remember I had to do the long on different pages to get it right on every PHPBB forum I have visitted. Ussually takes 2 or 3 tries, but after that it has always worked right.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:01 pm   

Vijilante wrote:
Automatic login is currently working for me. I remember I had to do the long on different pages to get it right on every PHPBB forum I have visitted. Ussually takes 2 or 3 tries, but after that it has always worked right.

It doesn't work well on Zuggsoft at all though. Try deleting all your cookies and see if you can manage to get autologin to work. I think you have "old cookies" that prevent the issue from showing.

Also if you click for example the "quote" button while not logged in the forum will go to a secure connection(https) and ask for password. You'll then stay in this mode. That is really annoying as Internet Explorer will popup the message "Do you want to show insecure objects?" all the time.

Edit: I have tested to make www.silverbridge.org autologin and it works there so it decreases the probability that there's something wrong with my IE installation.

Also it seems as if phpbb appends the sid to all links I visit. When the sid is gone from the url I am logged out. Still I have a cookie from Zuggsoft in my cookie folder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: