Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
erewnoh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:27 pm   

Just a simple question about characters and class folders

I have a few characters on a game I play, and have each one created so that settings for one don't hinder with settings from another. A problem I'm having is, I would like zmud to automagically put new triggers, aliases, etc..., into a specific class folder. I have a main class folder where all the settings for the character are in case I ever need to turn them off in an emergency.
Anyone that knows how to edit the settings so that Zmud does this for me, the help would be greatly appreciated.

Erewnoh
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:16 am   Re: Just a simple question about characters and class folder

erewnoh wrote:
I have a few characters on a game I play, and have each one created so that settings for one don't hinder with settings from another. A problem I'm having is, I would like zmud to automagically put new triggers, aliases, etc..., into a specific class folder. I have a main class folder where all the settings for the character are in case I ever need to turn them off in an emergency.
Anyone that knows how to edit the settings so that Zmud does this for me, the help would be greatly appreciated.

Erewnoh

ZMud will put settings in one of two folders--the default folder or the specific folder you tell it to.

1)default folder = whatever folder is currently "opened" (by open, I mean it becomes the default class). #CLASS name will open a folder. #CLASS 0 will close that folder and return the default status to the None folder.

2)user-defined location (code only, because if you want to do it via a GUI interface you're already in the settings editor.) Each setting has a field representing the class name of the setting. This tells ZMud where the item is to be created, with omission reverting to the default class.

#trigger "name" {pattern} {code} "class"
#variable Name {value} default_value "class"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: