Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
sun2gohan
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:21 pm   

Scripts/Control Codes?

Hi

I've asked a similar question before, but this ones a bit different and well quite frankly the earlier question didn't get answered...

Regarding scripting, perlscript,jscript, etc. Is there a way to send everyline of the mud to the script instead of just calling the script from an alias or a trigger...that way the script can determine what to do itself. Is this leaning towards creating a plugin? Or am I offbase altogether.

The problem i'm having is the creater of the mud I play implementing new features through the use of control codes. The problem is zmud just ignores the control codes even w/ emulation off etc.etc. it just doesn't even display them. They are invalid ansii i think so just get ignored... So i'm searching for away to be able to "see" these.

Any help would be great...

Thank you.

Frank
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:19 pm   

what is the mud, I will diffenatly take a crack at this, I love problems like this.

don't know about the perl scripting thingy at all, try really hard to stay away from that headace.
asm
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:42 am   

I suspect that you may be leaning towards this: http://www.zuggsoft.com/zmud/comserve.htm
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:06 pm   

Hi megamog75,

Sounds great.

www.nodeka.com will get you to the website and get you started from there...

I don't know too much about the control codes as I haven't investigated them yet.. ie. zmud doesn't even let me SEE them. But the overhead map provided by the mud is really cool, can't go back to no map muds now even if i wanted...i'd just miss it too much ehhe. Anyway, control codes will be used for added "functionality" and the creator of the mud is developing a specific client that will be JMC script compatible...which leaves the rest of the zmud users out of luck.. as far as being able to use these "new feautures". One being, that the map updates every 100ms as opposed to just when I move... In a pk mud, i think you can see how that can put one at a disadvantage without having this...

Anyway, tell me if you come up with anything. asm, i'll go through that again and see if i missed something. But as far as getting raw INPUT into a function/script before zmud has its way with it, seems like no dice..

S2G
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:19 am   

I went to your mud and loged in, Now What exactly do you want to do?

I am just in the training area and everything seems to be running fine.
I like the zmud mapper better than their map, if I wanted that kind grafics I would play RPG games or bettter yet online 3-d games.

it seems triggers and other scripts run just fine in the game so as soon as you tell me what you want we will get started
sun2gohan
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:01 am   

Hey megamog75,

Essentially there are certain control codes that zmud doesn't display. Thats the problem..one simple example is globals i believe have a specific control code (for all communications) that you can easily trigger off of. Ie. capturing every kind of communication channel w/ one trigger.

Problem is you can't see these in zmud, but if you use another prog and look at the raw input (before the terminal emulator does its thing) you can find these control codes.

So, in short. Trying to see these control codes somehow..trigger off of them somehow...before zmud emulates the ansi and such.

S2G
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:40 am   

I see what you mean, zmud is processing this data before you ever see it.

There is a way to shut that off and to get all the raw data sent to you in zmud but right at the minute I can't think of it.
Give me a bit and I will get back to you on it.
sun2gohan
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:48 pm   

Hey megamog75,

There is a way if you turn emulation off but then you see everything <27> etc. and would have to emulate ANSI codes etc, with triggers..which is doable i SUPPOSE..but sounds awfully painful.

What i've done...this is real sad. Is create a proxy where zmud connects to it and then it ocnnects to the mud.

It looks for the control codes and changes them to something zmud can "see". Then zmud can trigger off of them. Seems to work "alright", although creating a zmud plug in to me sounds like a more elegant solution. I still am having troubles finding information on creating DLLs :)

Anyway, if you DO find something that would make this much easier for me, that would be great too.

Thx

S2G
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: