Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Loto
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:53 pm   

zMUD starting problems

I got a new video card, a Ati Radeon 9250, and I took it in to Best Buy to get it into my computer (noone laugh, I don't know how), and when I got it back zMUD did not work. I don't know if they did something or if it is from the new drivers, but this is what the screen looks like when zMUD tries to load, and it stays there forever:

Loading zMUD Modules... 0
Name: WoTMUD Tick Timer

Any help would be appreciated. I am using zMUD 7.05 and Windowz XP
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:04 pm   

Bump
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:15 am   

This problem is caused by the plugin itself. Thank you for posting such useful information like, "this is a plug-in", in your original post. The short and sweet is that this plugin may not work with your new video card or its drivers. No one but Charbal can say what dependecies this plugin has.

Simply remove this plugin from loading by editting your registry. There is a section under Software/Zuggsoft/Zmud/Plugins, that will list various plugins to be preloaded. I cannot remember whether this is under the "Local Machine" or "Current User" section of the registry. If you remove the entry then zMud should make no attempt to initialize this plugin. You simply have to remove references to the plugin from your scripts after that.
Loto
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:24 pm   

Sorry. But it worked, thank you. And for future reference, it was under Current_User.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: