Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
lucian4049

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:21 pm   

Editing mapper offline

Im trying to edit my map offline, and it doesnt work.

I wrote some triggers to read through my old logs, and capture the vnums of the rooms. The trigger should change the vnums of the coresponding rooms on my map, but it doesnt seem to work. I'd hate to have to enter all of that info manually.

The trigger itself is pretty simple and does work to capture the info I need. It matches the description of the room to the descriptions on my mapper, but it does not update the vnums on my mapper. The command that my trigger uses is...

#CALL %roomnum( ,@rvnum)

Where @rvnum is the vnum that is captured by the rest of the trigger.
That command works fine if I enter it by hand while connected to the mud, and works fine when the trigger uses that command while connected to the mud. The problem is that is does not work while Im not connected to the mud. It seems that all of these types of commands do not work while not connected to the mud. %roomid %roomnum %roomdesc %roomflag None seem to work. Is there some settings I can adjust to or another way to do this while not connected to the mud?

Thanks, Lucian
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:35 pm   

I have no problems with adjusting the map while offline on my system. Are you in map mode when trying to make these changes? The blank vnum syntax for map functions depends on your current position being set. Do you have the blue dot set correctly for the room you want to modify?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: