Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
luthier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:32 pm   

Error 23

Before I begin, yes I have read the sticky on this subject, and all I could find in the Faq's.

Last week this happened to me. Unable to get a liscense at this time. Me without my zmud. I followed what I was supposed to, and e-mailed elisence on Wednesday morning. I'm going to e-mail them again tomorrow.

I fully understand the need to protect your software from piracy. The problem is, I paid for my zmud and cannot use it, while the hundreds of people I know with cracked copies of zmud are using it no problem. I paid for zmud with my hard earned money, I am shocked that I cannot run the program that I paid for. The fact that I cannot easily download or get the solution to the problem is even more frustrating.

I think that zmud is an amazing mud client. I think you have put a lot of hard work into it, and it shows. But as a consumer this is completely unacceptable. This problem needs to be fixed, or Elisence needs to give you the "diagnostic program" so you can allow the people that pay for the program easy access to it.

In all honesty having zmud ripped from me by things beyond my control, and having no solution other than waiting for this company to e-mail me back has left me disapointed, and wishing I hadn't spent my money on your product.

The point of my post? Your product suffers because of this, and it needs to be fixed.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:08 pm   

Actually, this is fixed...I just need to upload the new versions. eLicense came out with a new version this month that essentially fixes the code 23 issue. What they basically did was include their diagnostic program that can rebuild a corrupted license database in the wrapper. So, when you run and get a code 23, you just run it again and it detects that the license database is corrupted and rebuilds it.

I hope to have the newly wrapped versions of zMUD and other products on the site later today. Keep an eye on the main web page for the announcement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: