Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:35 pm   

Slowing to a crawl

Progress on the zApp documentation has been going slowly and now today I feel like crap again. Chiara is still sick and never seems to have gotten over her sinus infection. I think we both might have relapsed since we didn't really take it very easy last week. Either that or we got another variation from someone else this weekend.

This time of year I wish I could just seal the house and stay home and away from all the germs, but it never seems to work that way.

Since I can do the documentation now from any web browser, I might still try to do a few articles from the laptop today. We'll see how it goes or if I end up asleep in bed all afternoon.

Last night I was reading This Article at the Joel on Software site about having trouble getting "into the groove". It got me fired up and helped me get stuff done last night. Then this morning I wake up feeling horrible and thought about that article again. It's not just lack of momentum...there really seems to be a real force trying to push me backwards and make it hard for me to get stuff done on this project. Between getting sick, getting the server hacked, dealing with power outage computer problems...it's really been a struggle.

In the past, Fall has been a good season for me. I've gotten a lot of zMUD versions released during this time period. But this just doesn't seem to be my year.

Well, back to what Joel said...I'll try to at least do *something* productive today. I'm hopeful that writing this blog entry will help get me started. Wish me luck (at least till the drugs kick in).
atimus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:05 pm   

Fire and motion Zugg, just pick out some detail to work on where you can see results today. Listen to some music while you work. No one is saying you have to get 10000 lines of documentation done today, As i read too, it seems you have the time.
www.newworlds-rpg.com
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:03 pm   

I think a lot of the troubles is the polishing + documentation isn't the "Fun" part of the project... I hate doing the finishing touches on any dev work I do, its more fun to see the new functionality whupping in...

Maybe you need to take a couple of days off documentation and add some new spangly feature to zApp :)

I'll take a read of that article tho, since I'm feeling a bit burned out at work, home, mud, etc... maybe it'll help me groove again.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:48 am   

Yeah, that's certainly part of it Rainchild. I need to figure out a way to make this documentation fun. I got a few property topics written tonight, but nothing exciting. I'm hoping that if I go to bed early and get lots of sleep tonight that I'll be in better shape to write more tomorrow. Off to bed!
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:00 pm   

I realize no opinions were asked for. Viruses and cold germs get recycled indoors during periods/seasons when it doesn't make sense to leave the windows open. Might I suggest throwing on some warm clothes and going for a two-three mile walk or jog during the coldest part of the day? My grandma's advice to wear a 'sweater' and hat that covers my ears never did seem to prevent or break my colds. Physical activity that makes me sweat a little when it's cool or cold outside always seems to make me feel better immediately and 100% over colds in two days. In any event I hope you feel better soon, Zugg. I'm looking forward to the release of zApp, so good luck!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:04 pm   

Feeling a bit better today. I'm going to try and combine the documentation with actual code testing and see if that makes this a bit more fun.

Jogging? I'll have to admit that I'm fat and lazy when it comes to exercise. Walking is something that I do need to do more of. It always seems to help...it's just a matter of getting my butt out of my chair and getting outside. Always easier said than done Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: