Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Kaputchnik
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:36 pm   

Disconnect when sending large texts

Lately, I've started losing connection when I'm sending large chunks of text towards the mud, this has worked flawlessly before, and I am not sure if I've changed any settings. However Send file seems to work nice. It's started to bother me, because now I have to fire up ftp and transfer the text that way to the mud, instead of using the mud's internal editor.(The problem still happens anytime I send a large chunk of text, regardless of what I'm doing on the mud). Anyone know any solution to this?

Kappe
mortie
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:50 pm   

The mud i played use to have a limit on the amount of text you could spam it in any one go before it upgraded the server. It use to drop the connection automatically if it reached a certain threshold limit.
I don't know if this is the problem your are experiencing but it might be worth asking if the mud owner has a limit set or if the limit has been changed recently.

Last edited by mortie on Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaputchnik
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:23 pm   

No there's no limit. The connection is actually kept by the mud, since I just refreash my character when I login in again, and I'm back just right before zmud dropped connection. I could also add that the disconnect isn't instantaneous, after the text has been sent it takes about 5-8 seconds before zmud disconnects.

Kappe
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: