Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

The Raven
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:13 pm   

Nice! (New Layout)

I go from one page to another, and all of a sudden it's blue and pretty! Very nice Zugg, it is a considerable improvement. Particularly the font size reduction in the reference section I was reading.
The Raven
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:55 pm   

Er... nevermind. What happened is that for some reason my browser started logging me out randomly (ie, blocking the cookie) and so I reverted to the default classic theme. Which, it seems, I far prefer to subSilver. :-)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:08 am   

Thanks! Given the improvement over the subSilver, I'll probably overwrite it eventually. New users get the Classic theme by default, but there are a lot of existing users that still have the old subSilver default.
The Raven
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:27 pm   

Perhaps you could 'update' subSilver by keeping the colors, but replacing the font formatting? And keep the old subSilver as 'Large Fonts' or something.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:38 pm   

No, what I would do is replace subSilver with the default theme, but then offer an alternate theme that people can select with potentially different fonts.

The main problem I'm trying to deal with is that when the site was created, all existing forum users were transferred using the forum defaults. So, unless they have specifically changed their setting, most forum users are getting the subSilver theme, even though I've changed the site default to Classic. Only new forum users will get Classic as their default.

So, I need to overwrite the actual subSilver files with the Classic theme to update the look of the site for existing users. But I'll copy the subSilver files into another theme with a different name so that people who want to go back to that look still have the option.

That should fix the site for the majority of users and still give people who like the old look the choice.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:39 pm   

Of course, I really don't know why I'm spending any time at all messing with this. Improving the look of the site has never had any impact on actual sales, so it's really a waste of time.
Evangelist
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:16 pm   

Change the default theme of the site and dont allow users to change their theme :)

Then you shall be, Zugg the Tyrant!
The Raven
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:30 pm   

It's your pride. The website is your storefront... so what if you can't prove that it increases sales, you still take pride in what people see when they enter your store.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: