Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Talmark
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:15 pm   

Character length and line breaks in the command line.

Is there a maximun number of characters you can enter into the command line before entering a line break character (Ctrl+Enter)? And if so, can it be changed? If a line is too long, I just get a beep and that line isn't sent to the mud. It seems like the current setting is a little over 500 characters.

Also, If I do break the lines in the command line with Ctrl+Enter (like when I'm posting a note on a message board), the first character of each line is truncated, like this:

First line.
encond line.
hird line.

To keep this from happening, I have to add a space before each new line. I can't tell if Zmud is doing this or the mud. Of course, I can just hit enter after each line, but it's nice to be able to compose the whole thing in the command line before sending it to the mud for a number of reasons. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Talmark on Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Talmark
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:45 pm   

I did some further testing on the second problem of truncating the first character of a new line. This happens when you use two Ctrl+Enter line breaks in a row (to add a blank line between paragraphs) not when you have two lines seperated by just one Ctrl+Enter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: