Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Voland
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:58 pm   

Wildcards in room names

Is it possible at all to use wildcards in room names? I mean with the obvious solution of turning off the mapper and manually setting up trigs with wildcards for #OK on slowwalk, and #move on the map and so forth?
Guede
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:10 pm   

I'm not exactly clear on why you would want a wildcard in a room name, but if you mean so that the mapper will follow you even if the roomname changes at random or based on time of day etc. (as on some MUDs) you don't need to setup fancy triggers, simply select all the rooms that apply on the map and from the "Properties" page on the "Other" tab check "Force entry into room".

This will cause the mapper to move through that room even if the room name doesn't match. I guess you could put whatever you want in the room description then.

If that's not what you were after, care to explain further so we can help you?

-G-
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:23 am   

Hi. Unfortunately, the internet at my house is down, so i can't test anything. Basically, I am interested in slowwalking, And I am not sure, how well it would work with the force entry tags. I was looking for an ability to specify the general look of a room that the mapper has to receive in order to consider the last step as successful. Something like "string"("string") that is roomname followed by the exits in parenthesis.
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:35 pm   

The mapper in the current version of zMud should do this for you. On the menu bar, open Config then Configuration Settings. Carefully go through the options on the Room Exits tree dialog. Once you have all the correct items checked/filled in, reconfigure and hopefully the mapper will work with no further fuss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: