Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:45 am   

So, what's a blog for anyway?

I think Rorso posted something on the Shoutbox asking what this blog would be used for.

Well, lots of stuff. You've probably noticed in the past that I have a tendancy to take various forum topics off-topic by posting some frustration or another that I have.

Sometimes I just need a place to vent. Sometimes I'm so tired of fixing bugs in other people's code that I just have to tell everyone about it. Sometimes I'm just mad at Microsoft.

Sometimes I'll mention a non-work activity like the SCA or my favorite video game and we end up with a whole thread that is off-topic.

So, my purpose with this blog is to take my daily ranting and opinions over here and leave the forums in a more professional and "clean" state. This will become even more important once eMobius is released and I need to make the forums a place to get serious support. If some new customer goes to the forums to look for help, they might get turned off by some of the rantings that I post now and then.

I'm going to try and add some features to this blog for categories to make it easier to find stuff, and I'll be fixing the Search engine so you can search the blog. I'll still post relevant topics over in the forums as needed. But most of my personal rants will get posted here.

I'm eventually going to go through the 11-page (and counting) Blog thread in the eMobius forum and split it into relevant topics and replies and put them over here as blog entries.

This should also help people find stuff. Since this forum doesn't appear to have a "search within topic" function, trying to find something you remember reading in a huge multi-page topic post is rather difficult.

Finally, this will also be a place to kick back and have more fun. Because people have to dig a bit more to get here, we don't have to be as "serious" and I sometimes am over in the main forums.

Feel free to post your own opinions to whatever entries I create. Try not to take the entries too far off topic. If you want to talk about a specific subject, you can always send me a personal message and I'll try to create a blog on the topic you are interested in.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:04 am   

Actually it was Darmir who asked about the purpose of the blog :).

As for the off topic rants it is one of those things that usually makes me smile because I know so well how many issues can suddenly arise when making a new program.

Halfly off topic: A few years ago I remember you said Chiara was planning to write some articles about zMUD for the webpage. Is this still something that is in the works?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:21 pm   

No, she doesn't know much about zMUD. She *is* planning to do a lot of the documentation for eMobius, since she'll be using it on a daily basis herself.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:29 pm   

I just noticed something odd. I got a notification email that points to the wrong forum for this thread.
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:27 pm   

Well, it's good that you finally found a blog solution is some way/shape/form that 'easily' (easily being a loose term) integrates with phpbb.

Last edited by slicertool on Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:30 pm   

Yet another bug: If you go back in and edit, then use 'preview', you'll lose your custom 'mood' and 'currently' fields and their appropriate settings when you submit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: