Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
AboveAvgCharles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:35 pm   

Tool Bar Question

I just recently upgraded to the new version, and something is bugging me. I had it set up before where the tool bar (with the Chars button, etc) was hidden until I moved the cursor to the very top of the window, where it would pop up, and then disappear again when I moved the cursor off of it. For some reason, I cannot get it to do this again.

I've checked the box in preferences that describes this very thing, but to no avail. It's like the tool bar is locked to the menu bar (File, etc) and I can't get it to unlock. Does anybody have any suggestions? I know it's probably something obvious, and I'll feel like an idiot for (repeatedly) missing it, but it's driving me crazy. Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

- AAC
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:06 pm   

I can't find any box in Preferences which would bring up the tool bar when you move the mouse to the top of the window. There's a preference to bring the Menu bar to the front, but the only preference I can find for the Tool bar is whether to display it or not. I don't think what you want is possible using Preferences.

Most scripts in this forum are written for Command Line entry.
Don't even open the Settings Editor unless its use is specified or obvious.
AboveAvgCharles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:30 pm   

I believe you're correct, because I sure can't find it. It's odd, though, because such an option used to be activated on my old version. It seems strange that it would be removed in the new one. Has anybody ever had any experience with what I'm talking about?

- AAC
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:22 am   

Yes, I experienced this when I upgraded last time. I believe Zugg improved the docking code and as a consequence, it is no longer possible to leave the menu and tool bars hidden behind the output window if you have other windows open too. I tried to get the layout like I had it before, but finally gave up and just docked my windows to the toolbar.

In any event, although I lost some vertical scroll, the layout seems much more stable in 7.05 than previous versions when multiple windows are docked and tabbed.

Sorry I couldn't help more.
AboveAvgCharles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:07 pm   

Thanks for the information. It's too bad that the docking doesn't allow for that kind of configuration anymore. Seems like an oversight to me. Maybe next version, eh? *fingers crossed* Appreciate the help.

- AAC
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: