Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
coptermania

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:04 pm   

Sorry to make a new topic, but I need help with automapper

I play Achaea and have an extensive map I've created. I really need to make it so that the map follows my character without hitch. If I try to move north while my character is off balance, automapper thinks I've gone on to the north. I've tried to put triggers up like {You cannot move yet}{#nodir}. I've seen people mention this in other topics. But it just isn't working. Any help would be appreciated.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:33 pm   

Possibly you are not entering it correctly

on the command line type this and hit enter

#TR {You cannot move yet} {#NODIR}
coptermania

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:57 pm   

Still not working. Please help!
Falan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:57 am   

The trigger you typed in your first entry didn't have a space between the pattern and command. When you performed nexela's suggestion, did you verify you included the space?
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:12 am   

First, make sure you have your configuration settings set up so that your automapper doesn't just update when you move. Have it checkfor verification of Room Name. This should keep it from moving when you get anything but the Room Name. Then, the #NODIR command will clear the cue out so that you are good to go.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:53 pm   

What speedwalking mode are you on? If you're on Fast, it will ignore all output from the mud, including Room Names and #NODIRs.

Seb
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:02 pm   

Oh, and also, (although it's unlikely), if the room you are trying to enter has Force Entry into this Room ticked, it's like you are on Fast speedwalking mode when you enter it, i.e. all mud output ignored, including #NODIRs. (Personally, I think both of these are a bit of a bug, or at least undesirable features - I think Fast speedwalk mode when you only enter ONE direction command and "Force Entry..." should respect #NODIRs. Or if this doesn't make sense to some people, there should be another mode which assumes entry to a room unless there was a #NODIR (doesn't check Room Name or Desc). Somewhere between #FAST and #SLOW, but not as safe as #SAFE.

Seb
coptermania

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:57 pm   

Yes, I did use the space.

DUMAS, what you said might be the key. How do I set the room configurations to do what you just said? I am not very technical as you can see.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:29 am   

Open the mapper and click on the Config menu, select configuration settings. choose the section for speedwalking, in it you will see two boxed areas. One for speedwalking mode(see Seb's posts), the other for auto room detection. With Achaea, us 'Match Room Name'.
coptermania

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:48 pm   

GENIUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are pure geniuses!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! (etc.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: